Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userKyAOXOsV4C
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Two days ago my blu ray started a startup boot loop when plugged in.  I called tech support yesterday and explained the issue . I relayed I had read many others on social media and google reporting the same issue. I told him I thought that it was possibly a firmware update or something since everyone stated it just began a few days ago with no reason. He stated they had no issues or reports of any problems and that my blu ray would need to be serviced at my expense.

Today  I searched  Samsungs community page and it's full of customers (over 50 pages all within the last few days) having the same boot loop problem that started up (like mine) a few days ago. I also found many other places on the web that reported the same complaints.

I called today and spoke again with a customer serv. agent and she stated (after I told her what I found out)  they were fully aware of the issue and that is was an update the caused the problem and the

tech department was working on a fix and would be putting up a new firmware update.

I asked her when and she had no idea. I also asked how was it suppose to get an update when I can't keep it plugged in turning off while waiting for updates.  I don't have much faith that anything will be done. In the meantime, I'm paying for streaming services I can't stream.

GTmomson
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the update.  Really disappointed in the response you received.  Not the best customer support from Samsung.  Highly doubtful my next electronics purchase will be a Samsung product if this is the kind of support you get when things go south!

djw9281nd2
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I'm not from samsung customer support, this is a app where you can post things and people can help you. So sorry that the answer was so bad, but customer support is on the samsung website if it helps.

0 Likes
RubieRed
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Samsung Blu-ray player BD-J5900 just keeps cycling on/off and will not respond to remote commands. Is there a resolution to this problem?

useryYXpD3nobE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

omg..mine too 😞

0 Likes
userGSXVAIMZq9
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here was fine on Friday

0 Likes
userONRt7CyDoT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
Re: BD-J5700

I have a BD J5700 and have had excellent service until this morning.  It worked fine last night.  This morning I turned it on and it made a noise like it was loading the CD but that was in it.  Then it would flash on the screen and it appeared to be scrolling through the menu.  It also said, no DVD installed and insert DVD.  Also, across the logo for the DVD there was a giant arrow pointing up.  It would not respond to any commands.  I could not eject the DVD nor turn the player off by remote or by pushing the 'off' button.  I unplugged it for several hours but no change.  Now when it is plugged in, it  is on and goes through the cycling.  I also cannot eject the disc manually.  I can see the litttle gear turning but it does nothing,  I don't know what firmware is intalled because it won't respond to commands.  I do know that I installed new firmware the last time I was notified.

RubieRed
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine does the same. I have unplugged it until it can be fixed, if possible.

0 Likes
usergIvHZJ7eQQ
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Yup mine started this a few days ago. I have read that it happened to other users for other models as well. My guess is some sort of firmware got installed and I read about potential samsung hack. Currently, my phone is fine and that has security protection. I changed my passwords on the accounts linked and until I hear more plan to leave mine unplugged.

0 Likes
useryYXpD3nobE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

so I have done all I can.  this has been going on since yesterday. I have turned it on and off I don't know how many times. I love u Samsung but I have to say goodbye because I don't see a recovery from this.

0 Likes