Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user0PDCoKDcsE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue. I tried a soft and hard reset and with no luck. Called support and they told me that they would be sending me an email with a link to download a software fix to a flash drive. The install would happen from the USB port on the front of the j5500w

userAv6vUvU38U
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for this info! I was going insane from the cycling but found solace in the fact that its a global firmware issue. I was curious how it would be resolved if we can't even stay on the menu long enough to point it to an upgrade and your post explained it 🙂

userXSO2QUrh6z
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Did they send you the email?

useryqr3SLxUdl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm in the same boat with my HT-J5500W system. Please let us know if you actually receive something. This has been extremely frustrating.

usere1JhcLAFut
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same issue, the tech told me to send it out for repair. I am not going to do that. Did they give you an idea of when this email will be sent out?

0 Likes
userG9BZmKq61r
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same exact problem started 2 or 3 days ago. Glad I decided to see if there was an ongoing problem and didn't just replace it. I hope there's a fix since it doesn't stay on long enough to establish a wifi connection to download a patch. You would have thought that Samsung would have, oh I don't know, TESTED IT BEFORE pushing an update!!! Seems to be happening across several of their devices. 

5a1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm having this issue as well. Sound doesn't work and trying to go to maintenance page shows black screen. 

0 Likes
userNMyPgK0dbS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The exact same thing started happening to my HT-J5500W this morning. How do you contact samsung to get the software fix? Is it a different site than this one?

chrislhs13
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have a HT-J5500W. I'm having the same problem.

userPlQSZY0rGZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here. Now my home theater system is no longer functioning. I really want to upgrade to a better sound system now. Can Samsung provide some type of monetary compensation for this?