Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
useraUGzvMDYUc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Having the same problem as many others....just the other day. When plugged in, the unit continuously keeps cycling and won't respond to any buttons on the remote. I was eventually able to remove the DVD manually using a small screw driver at the half moon slot on the bottom of the machine, but the unit continues to cycle with or without a DVD in place. Right now the unit is unplugged and waiting for a solution. This is very frustrating, and I hope Samsung will come to the rescue......

0 Likes
usercyZ1lmknsV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just wanted to let everyone know that's having the reboot loop issue it is directly related to the software update. I have 2 BD-JM57 players. One online and one off. The offline player is still working. I expect a fix and a public explanation from Samsung or this could get legal really fast 

Options
Home Theater

How do you know it's related to the software update?  Samsung has made no official statement that I'm aware of.  It seems like a certificate issue is the more likely explanation.

Many people had auto updates turned off.  There are other reasons too that this is probably not related to a software update.  And this started on June 17th, not last night.

userhhLm6axxSq
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

but.... I'm sure IF the other unit was plugged into the internet the problem would show itself on that  unit. That is what happened to me. One DVD player started the reboot problem so I connect my backup unit (same model) to watch Netflix DVD and now I have two units constantly rebooting. So unplug your ethernet cable while Samsung attempts to fix this

artmanjohn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I could have swore my software update was disabled, I made a point to disable it in case something like this would happen.

0 Likes
Dea7BSNRN
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same here, thanks for sharing. Worked fine one day, next day it continued in reboot loop for a few secs each time, not allowing me to select from settings using the remote control. 

0 Likes
userr0XKZDrCE4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here. Was fine as of June 16, then morning of 17 it was bricked and stuck in cycle loop. Tried unplugging, hard reset and nothing works. Hope for a fix soon

0 Likes
userEUnTEQrrPJ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have 3 samsung bd-jm57, 2 with wireless access and one with only wired access. The two with wireless connection options failed on 06/18/2020, The continue to power on and off.  The last firmware mod listed is back in dec. 12,2017.  I've yet to see if there is a new firmware update that failed or if the older firmware update incountered problems. The wired blu ray player with no wireless options is functioning fine, seems to me to be something to do with the wireless models.

0 Likes
edslyster
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J4500 is in an endless loop of turning on and off as well. Tried resetting the unit but the issue still continues.

0 Likes
usertMafdkfn09
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Power cycling on/off, like thousands of other Samsung users, my home theater device worked fine. I turned it on the other evening and it is malfunctioning. Unplugged for a day, plugged back in and still keeps cycling on/off. No tricks are helping it work again. Samsung bricked their devices. 

0 Likes