Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userUG2xbQLPAz
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

As of the 18th of June 2020, my Samsung Blu-ray Player model BD-J5700, no longer responds to remote commands. Power nor eject buttons are responsive. And the device is stuck on a perpetual rebooting loop!! 

Since, I am not the only one who is plagued by the above technical difficulties. It would be grand if Samsung gets their skates on, with viable resolutions to same!! Nothing else is acceptable! Personally, I intend to go as far as I  NEED to  (legally) to attain same. 

A Disgruntled Samsung Consumer 

Alex

userZ5fh1hN7yf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same problem. Worked this afternoon, now boot cycling.

0 Likes
userZ5fh1hN7yf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Not a solutions mine worked this afternoon, now it cycles on and off. Being aware of the problem is not a solution. Need a fix.

0 Likes
OregonUSA
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Likewise with my HT-J4500. Continuous cycling. 

0 Likes
userzjbV87cgAL
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD-JM57C.  The same problem happened to me around the evening of June 17 or 18th. I've tried the reset and it doesn't work. I've left it unplugged overnight, as well.

0 Likes
userQgTruMC7zG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I've owned too many Samsung products to count, beginning with a 12" black and white TV in the late seventies and this is the first time I've had serious doubts about the company. Remove my doubt and please do the right thing by all of us Samsung.

usertZtTQ4dKmm
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Having the same issues as everyone else. Started 6.17, cycles off and on every 6ish seconds. I was able to get the Blue-Ray disc out by using the eject button on the controller. Buttons on the devices itself were no responsive. Tried all of the tips suggested previously.

0 Likes
CalebC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady, first, thank you, I suppose, for being SOMEONE who represents Samsung and also has responded to this, to some degree (however minimal), after utter SILENCE from Samsung for the last few days.

Secondly, I must be missing something, how is this a "solution"??

How will the "real solution" be implemented/communicated to all customers?

0 Likes
GaryCurran
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This is NOT a solution, saying we're aware of it.  I certainly hope that everyone who is subscribed to this page gets an e-mail when Samsung figures this out.  This SERIOUSLY shakes my trust in Samsung, deeply.
By the way, in case you didn't know, the JM57/ZA is also affected.  I don't believe it's hardware, I believe it's software or firmware, but if it doesn't start, how are we going to fix it?  Send it back to Samsung, or are you guys going to give all of us new players?

0 Likes
mldawson
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

NOT SOLVED! You cannot say "aware of a problem" and call it FIXED!

I have this same problem as ov 20 June, 2020 on my BD-JM57C.

Unit is now unuseable. Tried hard RESET; no effect.