Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userKav5R4tvv3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same thing this morning on my BC-JM57C model. It worked perfectly for streaming Netflix on Thursday and then it just cycles this morning when I tried to turn it on. It's currently unplugged but I see from the prior comments that's a futile attempt to fix the issue. With this many devices not working either Samsung pushed something or they were hacked and a virus was sent out to the device . 

What's the plan, Samsung?

userOBW7ulSdME
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here with my BD-JM57C. Working fine last night. This morning it started to do this thing where it cycles on and off. 

Annoyed_Buyer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Has any patch been updated and issued from Samsung?

Mine started cycling too!

0 Likes
userfVlOmIDfYV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just adding to the list of those experiencing problems with a Samsung Blu-ray.  We discovered ours was not working on Thursday mid day.  I spoke with 2 different reps by phone yesterday and 1 rep through chat.  They were all aware of the problem, so I am puzzled as to why Samsaung does not reach out here to all of us who are feeling frustrated.  I tried the chat line again this morning and was told the "entire technical team" is working to find a solution and that it should be fixed within 24 hours.  

useroxaWNgcYKI
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The question becomes how do they fix it, there's not time for the player to check for a firmware update let alone install one.  The entire cycle that mine runs through takes less than 10 seconds and home screen is up for less than 2 seconds.  There wouldn't even be time to connect to the WiFi or even spin up a disc that had the update on it.  I have a feeling these systems are essentially bricked at this point.

SAMS-sung-NASA
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

perhaps a downloaded file to computer, then to a USB stick into the Blu-ray

user7T8qFtWNWJ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

You aware of a file, or just suggesting to Samsung?  I don't see any reply from Samsung and have been monitoring since yesterday.  Did I miss something?  I have three units, and only one out of the three work this morning.  Still two just cycling over and over.

0 Likes
Jabtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

The sad fact is, there can be no fix. The units will never be able to download new software while cycling, the flash memory of the unit is now corrupted, and to change the flash, or clear it, then reprogram it, will require a trip to the service depot. The expense involved in recalling all the affected units would make it unreasonable for Samsung. Samsung doesn't even make Blu-Ray players anymore, so don't be expecting an offer of a free replacement. Players still in warranty will be fixed of course, but I doubt that anyone here has one of those. I expect Samsung to offer a $25 coupon towards the purchase of a Samsung product, if that.

Please take to Facebook, and other social media, to let others know of this issue, not everyone will find this posting, and make them aware of Samsung's culpability.

userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

They can give me a coupon but I will never trust another samsung product if this cannot be fixed. Sony here I come!

SAMS-sung-NASA
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

or a file to download, transfer to USB stick, then stick it in DVD unit

0 Likes