Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userNsGiABD3Q4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a Samsung blu-ray player BD-D5500 that stopped working -- first noticed it June 20, 2020. Non-responsive buttons and no video output.  Looks like it is trying to do something over and over with no success.  My player has not been connected to the internet for many months, if not years, so I don't think it was a recent update;  seems like something built into the software.  This is not cool to have a kill switch built in.   I bought this player to use for as long as it would last, not license it for a certain (unspecified) amout of time.

Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It is interesting that you haven't had your device connected to the Internet, as that would appear to rule out both the update theory and the malware/hacking theory.

That just leaves the theory about expiring SSL certificates or, possibly less likely, the result of a rather odd solution to the millenium bug, that some developers used around 20 years ago.

Still pretty embarrassing for Samsung and not helped by the delay in getting any news out to their customers.

userYKJEpR4wUI
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have two units that failed on 6/19/20 in two different homes in two different states with two different internet providers. I have the same issue which is the subject of the thread. Please resolve. 

Thanks

userWIkjG4fdXn
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem with a BJD 5900, it started 2 days ago. I already made an attemp to fix with the suggestions above, but nothing. No picture and stuck in the loop. Really annoying, at least the Samsung should post a message the dissapointed users. Getting closer and closer to drop the Samsung forever...

usernzoOtLn6AL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

If they don't have it solved in 48 hrs I AM dropping Samsung forevermore.

0 Likes
userFtsgNKvDZC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm just posting to throw my hat in the ring and have some record that I too am having the problem with my HTJ4500. As of June 22nd at noon, nothing has changed. 

How is saying they know there is a problem and are looking in to it equates to SOLVED? If every company "fixed" problems with their products that way...

user02UYr883PX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same problem with my BD-JM57C. Cycling problem started June 18.

0 Likes
userJEHIAHRJQZ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just finished a chat session with a Samsung expert.  She said that their engineers have given this problem their top priority, and she estimated that we should have a flash drive fix by the end of this week.  She asked me to monitor this site and to check back on Friday if I haven't seen a fix.

users2oMbTGTJh
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Since 20/06/2020 my device is cycling on/off and not being able to use it

0 Likes
usere9122r2GGP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same with my BD-J5100. In my case, I do have a Blu-ray disc in the tray, and I cannot get it to eject the disc. The boot cycle shows the Samsung logo, recognizes that there is a disc in the tray, spins the disc presuably to read it, switches to the icon for reading photos, and then reboots ... back to Samsung logo. 

0 Likes