Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
useroCIRuRxMDW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

what can we do these days before Samsung gives any solution?

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Go outside and get some sunshine. Smiley Happy

Or ... you can run Netflix on a mobile device and cast to your TV or A/V Receiver.

userlPP9aob2gk
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue! Started a few days ago too!

0 Likes
userKEe5JpSyK3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Wow, here I thought my movers broke my receiver. Are we all going to receive new receivers or what is the fix gonna be? They can't push out a new firmware since ya know, it's power cycling over and over again. 

Edit:

I have a HT-J5500W

0 Likes
userDEj29cHuTS
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the exact same issues as described with my HT-J5500W. Worked just fine last night and tonight, I turn it on, and all the same problems as everyone else. Talked with a "Samsung Expert" via chat and they say to take it to the nearest Samsung technician but WILL NOT answer who pays that cost. Starting to think it's now a $300+ paperweight, what a joke.

Options
Home Theater

The only hope is if we can flash from USB.  I have the 5500W too, it's a great surround sound system.  I really don't want to have to replace it.

0 Likes
userKEe5JpSyK3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I don't want to replace mine either. I love it. Purchased the Q60 sound bar in the mean time while they push a fix since I need one for my master bedroom anyways. I can't stand standard TV speakers. 

0 Likes
userDEj29cHuTS
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

If they are able to send out a flash update on USB, how do you suspect they would go about doing that? Email it to you? Would you have to prove that you own and purchased the system? Would it have to be under warranty? So many unanswered questions and all they do is beat around the bush when you ask these to them. 

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

They would post it on their support website the same as any other firmware update. You download it, unpack it to a USB drive, stick it in your blu-ray player and power up. Hopefully.

userU5AyNOuqTq
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Samsung should always test their upcoming updates before releasing it to the public, was this on purpose?

This is spreading faster than coronavirus.