Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userFePLRv0mke
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Being aware and resolving are two different things.....When will we a a resolution to get the 1k+ users back to watching ...

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

0 Likes
userFfp3yAZJ7c
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

You can add me to the list of dead blu ray players - mine started doing the same thing, in a loop.  Glad I caught it, it was getting pretty hot.

0 Likes
userKpo64tLKYd
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

Come on Samsung let's get a fix here already!

@The BOSS lady wrote:

0 Likes
usermRU7VrZ1Bq
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

"View solution in original post" seems to yield nothing positive.  I assume no one has figured out how to fix this yet since I can't find a solution anywhere in this thread.  Do I really have to come back to this thread to see if/when it will be fixed?  Would appreciate more clarity in direction for a problem that seems to be exceptionally widespread.  Wonder how many folks have just chucked their devices thinking they were broken or physically opened them up trying to fix on their own.  This is a tad annoying and discouraging to say the least.

0 Likes
useraHYvei4isQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same problem. BDJ5700, Ontario. Looking forward to a solution! Kids are not happy. 

0 Likes
userrMj79YkTr8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady Please remove the "solved" status. Saying you are aware of and working on a problem does not mean that it is "solved".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Add us to the list. We have four Samsung BD players and they all have the constant reboot problem. If Samsung desires to have any customers left they need to get a fix to their customers, regardless of warranty status!

0 Likes
Tav2
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

We are now on day 5, with no information or updates other then a 'we are aware they may be a problem, and are looking into it'.

At this point, any information about this would be nice. I bought myself a LG streaming blu-ray player yesterday because I have no idea what Samsung is doing. Meanwhile I have no Amazon, Netflix or Blu-ray and DVD capabilities.

Will it be fixed tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Is Samsung just waiting for everyone to get frustrated enough to go buy a different player, and not even working on it at all?

I have no idea because Samsung is not saying anything about this. Which is completely unacceptable in this suituation.

As to the 'out of warranty' issue, I believe this is not really a factor as these players did not fail from end-of-life normal usage. As these systems were functioning and then were rendered inoperable as a direct result of something Samsung did to them. So under warranty or not, Samsung has a responsibility (morally, and more importantly very likely a legal responsibility) to either repair or replace the units that they bricked.

Also, though it should be rather evident; I am one of the many very unhappy Samsung customers affected by this.

Can we get some kind of update on this?

mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

How about an update; your silence speaks volumes.

userVqB5mfamBP
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same issue for me. When can we expect a solution?

0 Likes