Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user4leO4Yy9OD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

...And I will buy something from Samsung never again. Not even a toaster. 

userqOhL8CitDZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Also chiming in here having the same issue for almost 2 weeks now.  A HT-J4550 model and tried all the reset methods, even a forced USB firmware update, still stuck in a boot loop.

It be interesting to see a fix as the model is 4 years old, 5 months old.  Unfortunately I held the idea that once the machine goes I'm upgrading to 4K, but it be handy for another household I have in mind for this if the 'security certificate' can be updated if it is the issue as reported.  There's a lot of life left in the speakers, given that it is in use every single day since purchase.

Options
Home Theater

How did you force a USB reflash?  Did it actually reflash?

Of course just reflashing to the old firmware won't fix the problem, just curious if you actually made it reflash. 

0 Likes
userqOhL8CitDZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

On Samsung's Product Page, there's a Firmware File on there.  Placing that on an empty USB, unfortunately my model does not have a selectable function USB channel, it has to go through the Settings page.  Because of the boot loop, I can't reach the settings page long enough before it restarts.

0 Likes
usersND5SpwaC2
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue with a BD-JM57. Worked fine a week ago, then it just started cycling. I'll barely have enough time to get a directive in from the remote while it's cycling since the home screen only flashes for around 2 seconds. I've had it unplugged since around Thursday. 

0 Likes
userElW1oVRgVT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'm in the UK. BD-J5700 started doing this on 21/6, was OK day before. My HT-C6930W home cinema system is fine so far. I also have another Samsung BD player stashed but I ain't turning it on.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

That's interesting that your 6930 is ok.  It's a very old system, maybe that's why.

0 Likes
users4WZFkpTqB
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

You can add me to the very long list of people dealing with this. It started happening 2 days ago. Has a disk stuck inside that I can't get out.

0 Likes
usereNpmYbyVXI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

If you hold down the eject button on the remote it should open up but only for 30 sec or so so I would hurry up and grabe it 

0 Likes
useruX00gPam99
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

We got our disk out by flipping unit over.  On underside there is a arch opening.  If you stick a small screwdriver in there you can turn the wheel under the cover.  This drives the tray.  It takes a quite a few turns, but our disc came out.  I do not know which way we turned the wheel, I was so mad I paid little attention to the finer details.  Good luck.

0 Likes