Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userPgDNKK6f4W
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Adding my email to the list.  Come on Samsung!  This is very poor customer service and business policy.

0 Likes
userAbWE7NQo4G
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add me to the list as well, HT-J4550 in the UK, started on Thursday evening, 18-6-20. I actually blamed the kids at first, until I spotted this thread yesterday! I must remember to say sorry to the kids and tell them that it's all down to the team at Samsung! Smiley Frustrated

userBvFHSs5caS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Having the same problem but waiting patiently because I know how easy it is to make a programming mistake 

0 Likes
userBvFHSs5caS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Reading all the comments on this thread you can really tell who is a programmer and who is not. @Non-programmers- Jesus Christ, get a hold of yourselves! Samsung is working on the problem. It will be solved when it is solved, of course they are working as fast as they can. If spending time watching regular TV is too much, go out for a walk, exercise a little or go do something creative with your kids/wife or both. Be happy that this is only a software problem and not a hardware problem. And if you can't wait for the solution then go out and  buy a new one.

*edited for explicit content*

usereNpmYbyVXI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Finally a comment that is not complaining or negative 

0 Likes
userovhpo72OtX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm a programmer and strongly disagree. The main problem here is not a technical one, it's a communication problem. A large number of Samsung products have arbitrarily shutdown worldwide and there is minimal official communication about the issue. Other than a few customer support posts here and on twitter nobody from Samsung is acknowledging the issue nor are they providing updates about their work on the problem. For companies that serve products over the internet this is a textbook example of how not to handle a large outage.

userBkTUxtwLDv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I was a programmer for decades - I actually TESTED software changes before rolling them out.

UkuleleHans
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Me too. Early in my career, I learned the hard way the importance of thorough testing, even for the smallest of code changes.

user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

My device hasn't had updates in 2 years, so it's probably not a rollout.

Did you TEST for expired signing and SSL certificates?

0 Likes
userJqnUUbFWNX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Just adding my email to the list for my j5500w surround sound blu ray system.  The lack of updates and not keeping customers informed is ridiculous.   People are going out and buying new equipment when there may not be a need.