Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
uservH0vLwvE19
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Samsung BD-5700 blu-ray player also cycles on and off, does not open, will not stay on display screen to allow me to choose streaming services.  Started on Friday.  I've had to unplug it in order to get it to stop cycling.  Tried everything - reboot, router reboot ..... 

HELP!  I need my streaming!

0 Likes
useratqCRSq86a
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@uservH0vLwvE19 we are all in the same boat as you. There is nothing you can do.  Samsung is aware of the issue is the last we heard from them. My player started doing this Thursday last week June 18.  I've had to use my laptop for streaming, I'm I have something I can still stream with.

0 Likes
useryTHKflDd64
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Exactly the same issue. 2 unhappy kids telling me to fix it. Can't even eject the disc they wanted to finish 

0 Likes
useratqCRSq86a
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@useryTHKflDd64 I was able to get the disc out by hitting the eject button on the remote as it cycled on. But you have to be quick or hold the tray open manually to keep it open. But I know some people actually had to pull the tray out manually when it would only open a little bit.  I hope this helps you.  

0 Likes
userAfvFXGhmT7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My samsung bd-j5700 started doing this on Saturday night. It does sound like it is in a continuous reboot loop. I tried everything that you mention in this page and doesn't work. Samsung must say something. Is not a coincidence 

0 Likes
Boriqua-del-Barrio
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 is also exhibiting the seek loop that only stops if I unplug the device.  Is there a way to hard reset the device so it goes back to the original factory software?  Is there an earlier version of the software that can be installed manually, without a network connection (I can block the device MAC at the router)?

0 Likes
userMcoVYGSgIc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Posting to add myself to the GROWING list of people with this issue.

userVAmAL7aImf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Adding to the thread as well. Hopefully there is a fix soon 

@userMcoVYGSgIc wrote:

Posting to add myself to the GROWING list of people with this issue.

0 Likes
userQP5eISc9Zx
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Did anybody else start having issues with other devices in their systems at the same time?  My set up hasnt changed in 10 years, but since the bluray bug my samsung LN40a650 has started turning all by itself.  In trying to troubleshoot the tv issue I have unplugged everything so only the power cord is connected (after keeping it unplugged overnight), and done a factory reset.  Still it keeps happening.  Very odd that it started within hours of the bluray issue.  Seems to be causing similar issues with my onkyo receiver as well.  It also turns itself on and switches to bd/dvd input, or if I am watching something on another input it will switch to the bd/dvd input.  I have made sure any HDMI-CEC settings are off on all devices, removed all batteries from remotes.   Beyond frustrating

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I've got a similar setup; Onkyo receiver and LN46A750 television. I haven't had any issues other than the blu-ray players (BD-J5100 & BD-J5700 in the bedroom). My LN46A750 is 12 years old today and the picture quality is as good as the day I bought it. I did experience the bad capacitor issue years ago that was causing it to occasionally turn itself off. Samsung replaced the power board at no charge, even though the warranty had expired.

0 Likes