Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Palmer2000
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I think its down to 1 if 2 things. 

Number 1. Date/time bug. When the product hits a certan date/time it get "confused" then essentially bricks its self. And I'm only saying this because some people were saying they were going out at the same time.

Number 2. A nasty firmware update/bug. Witch hopefully you all understand that by now considering a large part of the thread talks about firmware updates gone wrong.

0 Likes
usersmHQyZiIKH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the same issue with my home theater. 

0 Likes
usertOA8Zh4zBT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add me to the growing list. My BD-J5700 started doing the ssem thing this weekend. My son was beside himself when he couldn't watch his movie. Following for a solution.

user0tuARplPbO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I say SamSung owes me $250.00 as I purchased a new LG dvd player to replace the "broken" SamSung dvd player when it was a firmware update they pushed to the world!

usernzoOtLn6AL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Am I to understand this has been a problem since LAST WEEK???

I have a disc stuck in my BD-J5700. How the hel is the machine supposed to UPDATE when it keeps resetting, let alone get the disc out??

SOLVE THIS NOW.  Otherwise, Samsung will quickly find itself without any customers to speak of, in the middle of an economic crisis as it is. My Blu Ray had dam well better be working tomorrow.  

0 Likes
userL1Gdy7tgIa
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Please give workaround soon!

0 Likes
NolaLass
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Marking this BluRayFubar as "solved" without a solution is evidence that Samsung does not know what it is doing. I'm hoping that after you fired the tech team for this worldwide issue, most likely caused by firmware not being fully tested BEFORE sending it out, that you have techs working on it. This should be an easy issue to resolve but most likely quite difficult to distribute since no one has a BluRay system that can accept an update to the Firmware. Samsung has known about this worldwide issue for nearly 15 days - and posting a SOLUTION where there isn't one, shows that there is NO SOLUTION to the BluRayFubar. Thinking I need to switch to Sony products for the future.

0 Likes
usericCnnFleWo
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Why is this marked solved? You haven't fixed the problem yet.

0 Likes
Jwhite843
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

We use this Blu-ray player for movies and Netflix for the kids. A little frustrating that we have to sit back and hope you guys can fix it. Thank you for working on a solution.

A couple of questions:

1) When can we expect a follow up answer to a fix? (A few days, a week, month?)

2) If you cannot resolve this issue, how soon can you send out replacements?

userSAsOMP8q7h
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Blu Ray cyles as well.  Samsung shows this as a solved issue, but no new updates.  Samsung: Have you came up with a solution to fix the issue with these blu ray players to stop cycling

0 Likes