Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user5oUZVbThGN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Was about to throw them both out until I realized I'll be joining a class action soon aginst Samsung 

user2mrfdfY78k
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Model-code: BD-J5700/Z

S/N: <hidden>

Same problem as everyone else.   Unit will not stay on or off.  Turns on then quickly turns off   unplugged for several minutes,  then for 5 days... no change 

0 Likes
userNMvthdiRRK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue.  Was about to throw the thing away until I found this thread.

0 Likes
usernzoOtLn6AL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

They wouldn't give me any estimate of when it will be solved nor any further background info, nor did they have anything to say when I asked "And how do you propose to update the player when I can't even get the menu to work before it resets?"

"We recommed you unplug it [so the disc reader doesnt burn out by endlessly operating] and plug it in once a day to see if it resolves." Maybe we should chant and do a dance, or telepathically communicate to invisible magic skydaddy to faith repair it. 

userhKrKXDmNJp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I contacted technical support.

They replied this issue was being looked at by another team.

I asked how do I contact the other team?

Was told they cant be contacted !

useryYJHFge6Ug
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

BD-J5700 Blu-ray Player keeps re booting. started Tuesday. help

0 Likes
userAv6vUvU38U
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@ Folks, we are all just howling in the wind here. Samsung is obviously very aware of the situation but has not even the decency to provide an update.

We need to stop posting here and start posting on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram so that this reaches a larger audience through social media. None of my friends have even heard of this issue. Until this directly affects Samsung in a larger way they will not be motivated.

Make sure to use the hashtag #Samsung, your location (ex. #Brazil, #LosAngeles, etc), and open to others - #bootcycle?

userBH6vxZpChp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the suggestion. I am about to post on Facebook with #Samsung #SanJose. 

userAv6vUvU38U
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Good to hear. I just did on Twitter and it was just retweeted by another account with 2000 followers. It helps and its a start