Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
usern9H1cdZQiC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Okay, it's inconceivable that a company with the technological resources of Samsung can't fix a problem they created and do so in a timely manner.

Obviously, since Samsung has exited the blu-ray player market, and since most if not all of the affected devices are out of warranty, Samsung has no interest in resolving the issue.

You all can sit around and wait for a fix that isn't coming, but I'm throwing Samsung in the trash and moving on.

Setting up a new home theater will probably cost me a grand or more, but one thing is for sure: none of the components will be Samsung products.

mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I find it inconceivable that Samsung would intentionally destroy their brand. I hope it's not true because I really like thier products. I have a 12 year old LN46A750 LCD television that Samsung repaired (replaced power board) at no cost after the warranty had expired. The picture quality is as good today as the day I bought it.

I'll wait until Samsung finds a fix or admits there isn't one. In the meantime, I'll just run my streaming apps on a mobile device and cast to my a/v receiver.

GaryCurran
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Before we start filing suit, let's find out WHY this is happening, and if Samsung can devise a way to repair it.
If this is indeed firmware, it's possible, unlikely, but possible that is was malicious, by an employee who was disgruntled with their employment.  In that case, Samsung really doesn't have much culpability, since they were the ones who took it on the chin.
Let's see what they do first before we go suing them, okay?

Options
Home Theater

@GaryCurran wrote:

Before we start filing suit, let's find out WHY this is happening, and if Samsung can devise a way to repair it.
If this is indeed firmware, it's possible, unlikely, but possible that is was malicious, by an employee who was disgruntled with their employment.  In that case, Samsung really doesn't have much culpability, since they were the ones who took it on the chin.
Let's see what they do first before we go suing them, okay?

I'd like to hear something from Samsung with an explaination.  Instead of the dead silence.  

userWGZYf7ysBF
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same problem, where the solution??? 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

I guarantee this will fix the problem.

Disconnect your Scam-Scum Blu Ray Player.

Drop it off at your local electronics recyler.

Buy one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/blu-ray-players/b?ie=UTF8&node=352697011

Don't worry, there's no Scam-Scum's offered. 

0 Likes
usertGOtd6BnHE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Can a community mod/admin please ban this obnoxious poster? 

0 Likes
userXj9b6PSt4v
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It goes to Netflix and right back again.  It sounds like it has a disk in it but it doesn't.  I have read several people are having the same problem on the same day what's the deal???

usernzoOtLn6AL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 just started cycling on and off 6/23/20, it is only 2 years old as I bought it August 2018. I haven't even used it 25 times yet. I've seen countless other people are having this issue with their players of different models all over the world. I've spoken with Samsung Customer Service Chat and they stated they're "aware of the issue" and are "looking into it". I have spent thousands on Samsung products for my home but will call for a boycott if they do not resolve this issue TODAY. They also recommend leaving the unit unplugged and only "plug it in once a day to see if it resolves". I don't see how a software update will install over a cycling loop; good luck with even a USB key, especially since I have a disk in it that I cannot get out; I don't see a manual eject hole. Is there one on this model??

Samsung take note:

A little more NEWS might make  most of your customers feel less like throwing away Samsung and never buying another one of your products. That's where you stand right now in the middle of an economic crisis. I've reported your ineptitude to my local TV news. DO NOT REPLY that this issue is "solved" until it actually is. Good luck with that.

useruVzkCLUrGP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5500W went into loop mode when everybody elses did.  I thought it was just me and purchased a replacement.  Can anyone say, "class action suit"?

Very upset, to say the least.