userSlY6jXH8C3
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

Interesting that the date of the firmware is 6/20/2017.  Three years ago exactly.

usertGOtd6BnHE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Could you try booting with a USB stick inserted - might show more info? 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@usertGOtd6BnHE wrote:

Could you try booting with a USB stick inserted - might show more info? 

I just tried that.  The screen flashes for an instant, so fast that I'm not sure what it said, but I did catch "no photos found" or "no files found" and then it quickly flashed "no disc found" which makes sense as the noise we are all hearing is the DVD-Blu Ray drive trying to read a disc that's not there.

So it seems that if a USB stick is inserted prior to plugging the AC power in, the first thing it tries to do is access the USB. So maybe there is hope if Samsung does come up with a file to download to a USB device.

userAm8FS709Ma
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Wow!! Don't know how you had enough time to get to the settings. That is truly impressive... mine stays on for about half of a second.

0 Likes
cubberkl
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD-JM57C with a library disc stuck in it.  The unit continuously reboots.  I need to eject the disc so that I can return it.  I am on chat right now with support.  They are indicating that a bad software update is causing the issue and that I should be patient while they resolve the issue with another update and to check back on Friday.

It appears that they've also made a bad design with the hardware as there is no manual eject mechanism.

I'm looking to find who I should contact for reimbursement to purchase a new Blue Ray player (not a Samsung) since I will have to dismantle this player to get the disc out so I can return it on time.

In the past I have purchased many Samsung products including cell phones, televisions, washer and dryers and refrigerators.  I had already given up on Samsung Galaxy cell phones since they won't let us get rid of Bixby and put the Bixby button directly across from the power button resulting in Bixby coming up all the time. I am about to move into a new home and will require new appliances.  I am inclined not to purchase any more Samsung products.

Options
Home Theater

@cubberkl wrote:

I have a BD-JM57C with a library disc stuck in it.  The unit continuously reboots.  I need to eject the disc so that I can return it.  I am on chat right now with support.  They are indicating that a bad software update is causing the issue and that I should be patient while they resolve the issue with another update and to check back on Friday.

I was able to get my disk drawer open long enough for someone to grab a disk, before it snapped shut again.  I kept hitting the eject button on the remote.  It would open for a second or two.  Try that.  

cubberkl
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I did try that and the drawer never budged.  However, I was able to successfully extract the disc by doing some careful dismantling.  It really wasn't difficult and I would gladly do it again with a video if someone else needed it. 

I really think in this situation, Samsung should be offering this up as a solution and reimbursing everyone for bricking their devices.

BruceAdler
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

unplug the BD-JM57C unit and turn it over

in the middle of the bottom, near the front edge, there's a crescent shaped slot

inside the slot you'll see a portion of the back of the gear wheel which drives the door open mechanism, it has radial bumps

using a small flat-edged screw driver (or maybe a small nail) to push against the radial bumps you can turn the gear wheel about a half turn, that's enough to unlock the tray

pry open the front tray door, grab the tray and pull it out

useratqCRSq86a
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@cubberkl @Big-Bad-Brad This works I had to do the same. You may have to hold the drawer to get the disc out. 

userHhsOFTPXst
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also had a disc stuck in mine. Pressing the remote eject button while it was rebooting worked to open the try just long enough to retrieve it. I sure hope they get this fixed soon.