Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userF2fXdD82Io
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Don't recognize american sarcasim?? Probably my fault, need to study the british technique a bit more.

0 Likes
userzljEsO1vzD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have two of the BD-JM57C models, one is showing exactly what's reported by many, the other... at least not yet.  Both are connected to the internet but one hasn't been used in a while, yesterdayI turned it on briefly to eject a blu-ray disk, and hit the tray close-button and it closed.  I'm afraid to turn it back on.
Problem is that it's the center of my two home theater setups, IOW, it's used to access anything streamed (rather than the TV doing it).

Any thoughts on how I can keep it from not going the same direction as its sister?
BTW, Samsung... a word to the wise, namely you need to be keeping your customers updated at least once a day on what's going on to fix this mess.  I'm not sure it's fixable if a software download put the machines into this state, they seem to be constantly turning on for a few seconds and then off again, endlessly -- plus when they turn on one can hear a mechanical noise like the machine is looking for a disk.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Avemaria92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Try going into the settings and find where you can turn off automatic updates..  I had mine set that way a few years ago to prevent the new update that included Cinavia which prevented playback of copied movies.  Prior to Vudu I had my movies copied on the computer for easy access and i'd use a thumb drive to play them on the player.  Cinavia prevented this.  Anyhow as I said if your other player is working ok check the settings and turn off auto updates before it updates.   You might want to turn off your internet while searching your settings so it doesn't connect and beat you to it.

JordanChadHungate
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I had my updates turned off and it still bricked mine. Just keep it off the internet!

0 Likes
usersfPuLMXIgy
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Don't say it's solved if it is not. Looks like the blu-ray players were designed with a timer for self-destruction. 

Options
Home Theater

Was this problem solved?

useryYNTiJOX7n
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue. Customer service provided 0 assistance. I was told that it is a known issue and that I should visit this thread (which I already had). Not sure how this helps when the issue is marked as being solved. I realize that it was a bad software update but question how this will get updated when the unit is in a continuous boot loop. 

user6FsaXc0Fon
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just be honest, do yo have an ETA on a solution or do we now own usless devices so we can move on to your competitor. 

Options
Home Theater

@user6FsaXc0Fon wrote:

Just be honest, do yo have an ETA on a solution or do we now own usless devices so we can move on to your competitor. 

Samsung exited the Blu Ray market (announced Feb 2019) over a year ago.

Their last new Blu Ray player was released in 2017.  They don't compete in this market any longer.  Why would they care if you buy another brand?

That's it, it just dawned on me.  They exited the Blu Ray Market over a year ago and now that the majority  of the 1 year warranties are over, they want to exit the support of these products.  What better way to do it than render all of them useless and drive all the users to another brand.

Options
Home Theater

They should care because I'm pretty sure they still sell a heck of a lot of other stuff.  Stuff I will never buy again.

I did a quick calculation and I've spent over $4000 on Samsung products in the last 5 years.  No more.