Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userEVvHXIni6x
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Well this is a lot less than comforting.  Been talking with Samsung customer service on my BD J5900 endlessly cycling and was told the following; the problem was with a Samsung update and Samsung is working g on the fix.  That I can try disconnecting and reconnecting it every 8 hours for it to receive the update.  That the solution "may take a week to wait".  When I asked how long I'm supposed to keep it plugged in before unplugging it and waiting another 8 hours it was repeated Samsung is working on the fix and not to worry.  I cannot say I intend to continue supporting Samsung when they don't even have the decency to inform the public let alone give clear information on what they are doing to solve the problem or consistent information on when it will be fixed.

Options
Home Theater

Call Samsung and get a shipping label.  I had to hold for about 15 minutes but once I got on they were quick and pleasant.  Quoting turnaround of 5-7 days but I would guess that is about to skyrocket!

PS.  If your unit is out of warranty don't even waste time trying to request a shipping label online, you will have to call.

AlexandreGarc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Where you from?

0 Likes
userEVvHXIni6x
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

You were right.  I called and they said they would be sending me a return label by email to repair the unit. 

0 Likes
Tav2
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I had a thought today as I was browsing on eBay looking for a cheap blu ray player to fill in the gap until Samsung decides what it is doing with all the players they bricked last week.

I see a lot of listings for Samsung players, and a lot of those are models listed as ones that brick as soon as they link to the internet.

Which has me wondering how much grief is this going to cause for eBay and the buyers and sellers?

I can imagine somone testing a player to make sure it works, listing it as 'Tested ,working' and when the person buying it hooks it up and all they get is a 2 second boot loop. Or a 'new old stock' player that will work exactly once, then go into a boot loop.

Samsung doing there 'Nothing to see here folks' act could cause a lot of problems quickly there.

userIufB2zk9Ui
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I think it's time for all of us to get an attorney on this and then and only then will samsung man up and fix the mess they created !! 

0 Likes
userK58cYMKQFz
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I didn't see if anyone posted this, but the "SamsungSupport" Twitter account posted this:

https://twitter.com/SamsungSupport/status/1276122439018098689

Samsung Support US @SamsungSupport
Hi, There! Thank you for reaching out to us. We are aware of customers reporting boot loops issues on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update on the following link: https://bit.ly/37MKdNp once we have more information about this. ^Eddy

That bit.ly link leads to this very thread.
0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

I'm in a chat session right now with Samsung Support.

They are in the process of setting up repair tickets and shipping labels.  All I need to do is pack them and take them to UPS.

My 2 units are BD-JM57C

They haven't indicated a turnaround time yet.

EDIT:  Just finished my chat session, took about an hour to get 2 repair tickets initiated which they sent me via email.  They  told me a shipping label will be emailed to me in about 3 hours.  

I wonder why some of the folks with the same type units are being told to try power up every 8 hours for an online fix?  The online chat rep said repair requires the units to be shipped to their repair facility in Riverdale, NJ

0 Likes
user8bXMlYT4Zd
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I also contacted them and was sent a UPS label to send the unit.  I asked how long this whole process would take, and the service rep said 1-2 weeks.  I'm thinking it may be longer once more people do the same.

0 Likes
userJqnUUbFWNX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Did you call them or chat them?   I just chatted a service rep and got a fix will be released in a 2-3 days.

0 Likes