Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

@userHukXmWEvFM wrote:

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I was so frustrated after chatting with them yesterday!

They did offer to send me to a service rep but when I asked if it was going to cost me anything, they said because my unit was out of warranty that yes, I would have to pay for repairs. 😡

Does anyone else have the BD5700 / BD5700/za? 

I got 2 of them.  Strange part is, one is working and the other not.  the only thing that I can think of was that the working one was turned off for a week or so prior to the cluster.  The dead one was on during that time.  Thankfully, it seems that the update no longer is on the air.  I booted the working one up 5-6 tmes with no problem.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userHukXmWEvFM wrote:

So, it is OUR problem now! I have to buy a new unit now but it absolutely will NOT be a Samsung! Shame on you Samsung!

Samsung doesn't care, they exited the Blu Ray Player Market over a year ago.  Samsung's last 'new' player was introduced in 2017, so they had been planning their exit since then.

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

but would you buy any other major domestic/electrical item from them if they don't make good on this?

Options
Home Theater

I would probably buy another one of their TV's.  I've got 2, both have been very reliable.

Based on what I've read, their participation in the Blu Ray market wasn't very high which probably had something to do with their exit. 

However, their participation in the TV market is very high.

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'll be buying a new 55" TV in the not too distant future and, as it stands, Samsung are still on my list of possible brands. 

However, that would change very quickly if they don't  handle this right and so far, i have to say, they aren't exactly covering themselves in customer care glory.

userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Exactly my feelings.

I am in the market for a 65inch tv and samsung was going to be my goto brand of choice but now I'm considering LG or Sony. I just don't trust them right now. What if this happens to their TV's too??

0 Likes
davidMarfisi
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

just found out that Samsung is no longer selling Blue-ray players for home tv use, so I doubt we are going to get an official fix for this problem. 😞

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userBJZ6yOzqs9 wrote:

I would probably buy another one of their TV's.  I've got 2, both have been very reliable.

Based on what I've read, their participation in the Blu Ray market wasn't very high which probably had something to do with their exit. 

However, their participation in the TV market is very high.

streaming 

RIP blu-ray

0 Likes
RusTones
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This is the 2nd Home Theater product I've purchased from you that died too early. Add that to the TV that kept power cycling and had to be trashed, and the bomb you sold us advertised as a cell phone and you guys are about done here in the USA. You cannot keep screwing with the public like this. I will contact an attorney and the states attorney general on Friday, June 26th if this issue is not addressed by Samsung by 5PM CST that day.  I'm going to urge a class action suit where we will demand the devices be repaird or replaced at original cost.  We also want compensation for lost streaming service fees incurred while our players are unavailable. Watch and see...

0 Likes
useriH9ii68Co1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Like many others who are experiencing issues with their Samsung BD, my unit, Model BD-JM57C started rebooting over and over out of the blue last Friday, 6-18-2020.  Will not connect to the internet and all functions such as  on-off, play disc, remote control, etc. are not usable.  The unit cannot be powered off unless it's unplugged.  Looking for a solution from Samsung ASAP.  I'm a loyal customer for Samsung products, so I hope the issue will be resolved very soon.

0 Likes