Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I was able to chat and escalate to a "pro care" person who sent me the label.  The automated system did ask for my receipt but since a wedding gift from Amazon registry all I could do was send a screenshot showing someone bought it for us.  Others have said they waived the need of a receipt.  I would square that away prior so no confusion.  The good thing about the chat option is you can e-mail yourself a copy of the transcript for reference to what was agreed upon.

I just brought mine down to my work's shipping and receiving and of course today is the day that our UPS driver shows up an hour early.  Well at least it's boxed up and will go out Monday afternoon.  Good luck!

0 Likes
userO4de6TNkS9
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm not sure why this is marked solved because that is NOT a solution. It's been a week now and all we have is "we are aware". You make the oversight of basically making peoples' players "expire" after 3 years and this is how you handle it? Very disappointing. Frankly I dont' see how this is even going to be fixed other than sending the units in because they don't stay on long enough to run any firmware update or patch. I called customer service and was told they would reach out to me within 72 hours...guess what, they never did!

userSWZ0xUw4zw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Same here on not getting ANY response in email form in 72 hours and I agree that a USB boot looks unprobable at best.

userjIiW0uRdM2
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The only way a USB recovery is going to work is if the BIOS flags the USB port as the first boot device rather than the flash.

0 Likes
userVRSkVdcEY3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I would hope that there's a way to boot the device to a very basic firmware that lives on a read-only chip so that it can flash firmware in the event something went wrong during an update or something. A mode where all it did was look for a USB drive with a firmware file on it, read it, and install it. I don't know what Samsung would call it, but Apple mobile devices call it "DFU Mode."

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

That's pretty standard for any kind of flashable device.  I would be shocked if it didn't do that. It might require a secret key combination to activate that Samsung will have to tell us.

0 Likes
userVXq8ehn2b8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

That is something they will probably do. The only problem is thay have to connect serial console to device and flash it through it.

That is not something average user will be able to do at home. Other problem can be that the serial port connector is probably not mounted in the device.

0 Likes
userO4de6TNkS9
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Just a follow up to my original post. I tried online chat support and they right away told me they were going to have me ship my unit in and provided a shipping label at no cost. I got an automated text telling me to upload a receipt or they may refuse repair, but I actually won mine through an Amazon giveaway. I uploaded a PDF of the email telling me I won, so I'm hoping there is no issue there. I'm imaginging if this is a 2015 model that there are a LOT of people that don't have receipts anymore.

0 Likes
useryPji8fHlH5
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm from Malaysia. My Samsung home theater HT-F6550W is facing this issue. Power cycles, rebooting in a loop.

0 Likes
Jabtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Just contacted Samsung through chat, again, and they are NOT issuing return labels, not in Canada at least. Got the standard "check back in a few days".

0 Likes