Home Theater

BD HT J5530 affected Sunday June 21st

<top> 

0 Likes
user4oQiqnJvY0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Was new firmware downloaded or something?  This happened to all of us around the same time, starting 6/17 or 18 ?  How do we get them to fix it?

0 Likes
userZYYxT9ZxWS
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Got the exact same problem, this is really frustrating. 

0 Likes
userdOFkx1j81a
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

When I plug in my Blu-ray player BD-JM57C it keeps cycling on/off. I just noticed it last night when we went to try to use Netflicks. I had to unplug it as it would keep cycling on & off, not letting us operate anything. I tried plugging it back in but it continues to do the same thing. 

AlexandreGarc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem. 😞

0 Likes
Samsung_mjl2UDT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

both of mine are doing the same thing, can't reset because the screen doesn't stay up long enough. both were also locked, which makes no sense, since we don't have kids in the house who could have accidentally locked them

0 Likes
userjHD5uydNOb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

We have two of these units. At first, no real complaints... They worked. Then about a month into owning the first, it called for an update. Tried to update, but it would either get stuck updating (more than 24 hours) or if it did complete, it wouldn't work anymore and I had to reset the device. No problem, just don't update it, despite the constant message to update. We later bought another for a different room. The logic there was that it worked great for how we used it, and the update thing might be just the one. First off, it wasn't. Now recently, one started to power cycle. Trying to power on, then failing and cutting off, then it would try to start again and it was stuck in a loop. It would keep doing this until I unplugged it. Tried again the next day to see if it would correct. No luck. About a week later, I went to turn on a Disney movie for our daughter, this time on the other unit, and now that one is doing the same thing. The two units were purchased about a year apart, and somehow within a week, they are both critically failed. Both are surge protected, one is on a UPC, so it can't be an issue from electricity. These are the only electronics in our home that are malfunctioning. We were always brand loyal to Samsung, as we've had great products from them, including home theater system and TV's. I'm truly furious that this happened, as everywhere I read, it seems people are experiencing this.... Is it a bug? Or perhaps a corner that was cut with the internal power supply that is bound to fail? Hopefully Samsung will make this right...

usergIvHZJ7eQQ
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Mine just started power cycling the other day. I've read forums for other models doing the same thing. I just changed my passwords for the accounts I had linked to it and have left mine unplugged. I'm thinking it tried to update and there is a bug in the system. Kinda sad because I've had it for a year and a half and loved the blu-ray player up until now.

usergIvHZJ7eQQ
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I also read that samsung had an apparent hack the other day, but I have a samsung phone and that seems to be fine. That was the main reason I decided to change passwords on accounts just in case.

0 Likes
userQE9bGlbAUY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is power cycling as well. This is suspicious that everyone has there's quit working at the same time

0 Likes