userSlY6jXH8C3
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

Recovery mode for devices usually involves extra steps such as powering on with a secret key sequence that bypasses the normal boot.  Almost all flashable devices have such a mode.

0 Likes
user8pdg20HlVp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

OK.  Each to his/her own.  I have neither seen nor heard anything official from Samsung.  The only thing I have seen is anecdotal.  Any of which could be the way it will go.  I am in no hurry to send my two units in to have them misplaced, or the repair process changed so that sending them to Samsung is no longer necessary.  Personally, I am not willing to take that chance.  I believe I can live without them for month or so.  If there is no official word from Samsung by this time next week, I will call Samsung and add my name to the multitude of names clamoring for repair.

The .ruf file is not likely bootable anyway.  If the unit can be booted to either a disc or a USB device, it will be a happy day.  I am doubtful though, but I would be thrilled if that is so.

Take care.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user8pdg20HlVp wrote:

OK.  Each to his/her own.  I have neither seen nor heard anything official from Samsung.  The only thing I have seen is anecdotal.  Any of which could be the way it will go.  I am in no hurry to send my two units in to have them misplaced, or the repair process changed so that sending them to Samsung is no longer necessary.  Personally, I am not willing to take that chance.  I believe I can live without them for month or so.  If there is no official word from Samsung by this time next week, I will call Samsung and add my name to the multitude of names clamoring for repair.

The .ruf file is not likely bootable anyway.  If the unit can be booted to either a disc or a USB device, it will be a happy day.  I am doubtful though, but I would be thrilled if that is so.

Take care.

Ok..  I haven't heard anything "Official" either, but after reading a few posts here I bit the bullet and called them up.  Almost 2 hours on the phone, hung up on by a computer 3 times, and more time on hold than I can imagine, I finally got hold of someone.  He asked me what was the problem I had with my BluRay player and I told him that it was probably the same problem that everyone else was having.  He kinda of muttered "Oh Yeah".  He had me do a quick, standard test of turning it on and pressing the eject button for 10 seconds.  After I told him that I'd already done that, he went straight to let me get you a pre paid shipping label to ship it to us where we will fix it Free of charge.  

Already boxed up, gone to UPS and dropped off.  Estimated for a week in shipment, 5 days waiting on the bench and then back again.  (Hopefully)

user8pdg20HlVp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Great!  I hope that works out.  Let us all know how things go. 

0 Likes
userORARV1kumM
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Just checking on updates for this to fix our blu ray players.

0 Likes
userimOWDG7LC3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same.  I have two identical BD-M57C players.  Both started thie power cycle problem within the last week, essentially disabled by the pushed software update.  I initially tough it was one failure, then the second at the same time was suspicious.  With this thread alone, it sounds like millions more will be discovered soon.  I'm looking forward to Samsung figuring out the enourmouse logistics for the fix, replacments, or whatever makes sense to stand behind the error and brand promise.

0 Likes
userSWZ0xUw4zw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Update from Florida, USA. Just spoke with Samsung rep who is indeed emailing me a pre paid UPS shipping label. I would talk directly with them if I were you and not through chat as I did this morning where they pleaded ignorance of the situation. Good luck to all of us.

squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I did okay with chat.  When the first person suggested I go to a URL and ended the chat the system asked if my issue was resolved or something like that.  I selected "no" and they connected me to a "pro care" support person in the same chat window.  They initiated the RMA pretty quickly.  I had posted the transcript but one of the mods must have deleted it.  Despite me blurring identifying info.

ralph_b
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

How do you get to the Chat? I have been looking for it and can't find it. I need to get my HT-J5500W fixed.

0 Likes
green_gello
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

When you are in Samsung support and go to Contact Us, it is a button labeled Message.