Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userrHilPOpXLt
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Add me to the list. Worked fine yesterday, don't know if an update happened or not but it did not work this morning. Same symptoms as everyone else.  Sounds like Samsung "bricked" everyones devices with a firmware update. Nice.

0 Likes
green_gello
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

In the US.  I just finished my second chat session.  This time, like others have reported, I have been sent a UPS shipping label and told the repair will not cost me anything.  As to what they are going to do to it (Blu Ray BD-J5700) or how long it will take - Who knows??  I will ship it out tomorrow but not holding my breath.

0 Likes
userfXZ7SzzVM6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I did an online chat and they sent me a shipping label.  A few minutes later I received a text that they need a picture of my receipt or my repair ticket may be canceled.  Did anyone else get that text?  The purchase date in the Samsung Care app is listed as N/A.  The chat rep did not mention a recipe.

0 Likes
denada777
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@userfXZ7SzzVM6 wrote:

I did an online chat and they sent me a shipping label.  A few minutes later I received a text that they need a picture of my receipt or my repair ticket may be canceled.  Did anyone else get that text?  The purchase date in the Samsung Care app is listed as N/A.  The chat rep did not mention a recipe.

I had the same text after I got the email with the shipping label. I dont have my receipt so I jumped back on the chat and got another rep who said I didnt need the receipt and that they would not cancel my repair request because I dont have it.

0 Likes
userRUpY2wcys4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

similarly here ... no receipt is needed. i even called the number in the text talked to a live person who said no receipt/invoice or bill of sale is needed. and we can just use the label and ship the set w/o remote control back to them. she said they will do a factory reset to make this work again! what a mess. no matter how many times i asked how can so many devices for so many people start doing this... she would not give me a straight answer ... she said their dev team is still trying to figure out a root cause for this. what an unbelieveable mess ... my unit was off but hard connected to internet and this happened to it. this is some sick CSI sh*t!

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userRUpY2wcys4 wrote:

... we can just use the label and ship the set w/o remote control back to them. 

w/o remote???  The guy that set me up with the service tickets and shipping labels told me I had to send the remote with each player.  I've already packed them.  Hope I get the remotes back.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

Same here.  They really should be mentioning that you don't need a receipt.  I went ahead and sent them mine anyway since I had it handy.

Now I have to find a box that the thing will fit in.

0 Likes
usern9H1cdZQiC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Likewise, I have an HT-J5500W and contacted Samsung via chat. They sent me an RMA and a shipping label (UPS ground from AZ to NJ), so it looks like I will be without the device for a while, but at least now I have a path to get the fix. I've seen some people say they got an email asking for a receipt, but all I had to provide was model and serial number, name and address, and place of purchase.

They have said that they woud be releasing a fix online today, but I haven't seen it and it's probably bs because there's no way to tell if the device is connected to the inernet (especially if you've unplugged it as some of the samsung wizards suggested), and if the player won't load a disc or read a flash drive, it's unlikely you could flash an update via usb.

Best bet seems to contact them viaOf course,as soon as I drop it off at UPS, they'll come out with that fix lol

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@usern9H1cdZQiC wrote:

Likewise, I have an HT-J5500W and contacted Samsung via chat. They sent me an RMA and a shipping label (UPS ground from AZ to NJ), so it looks like I will be without the device for a while, but at least now I have a path to get the fix. I've seen some people say they got an email asking for a receipt, but all I had to provide was model and serial number, name and address, and place of purchase.

They have said that they woud be releasing a fix online today, but I haven't seen it and it's probably bs because there's no way to tell if the device is connected to the inernet (especially if you've unplugged it as some of the samsung wizards suggested), and if the player won't load a disc or read a flash drive, it's unlikely you could flash an update via usb.

Best bet seems to contact them viaOf course,as soon as I drop it off at UPS, they'll come out with that fix lol

Mine left Via UPS about an hour ago.  

0 Likes
user4jTTJ00aLw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi Samsung,

Looks like I'm the same boat as the rest of the people who are posting on here. My Samsung BR player is not even 2 years old and has been working perfectly until I tried to use it last night. It's now just power cycling and there's nothing I can do. It shows the main screen for a split second and then it boots again.

I've had to unplug it from the wall because there's nothing else that can be done to stop it.

Who do I have to contact to have this resolved?

Thanks,

NB