Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
usersULZpmg3PL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I just went through samsung's chat. They'll fix it, but I have to pay to ship it there and back because it's out of warranty. It's 6 months old. I bought it on black friday last year at walmart. You would think if everyone's having the same issue at the same time they would pay to fix it. We didn't all break our players with the same outcome at the same time. 

0 Likes
BradKent
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

3 words:  class action lawsuite

0 Likes
userR2aOlGPUNf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

3 more words:  Don't buy Samsung.

user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

They are providing a fix to make you whole.

What would your damages be?

0 Likes
user2s8hvB6G77
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Very strange.  I went through chat as well, for a unit that's at least 3 years old, and they sent me a prepaid label.  Consistency is severely lacking here.   Not to mention the fact they they must know by know that they, Samsung, bricked these units and it should be them responsible for the repair.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@usersULZpmg3PL wrote:

I just went through samsung's chat. They'll fix it, but I have to pay to ship it there and back because it's out of warranty. It's 6 months old. I bought it on black friday last year at walmart. You would think if everyone's having the same issue at the same time they would pay to fix it. We didn't all break our players with the same outcome at the same time. 

Where do you live?  Mine is several years old, way out of warranty, they sent me 2 shipping labels free of charge.

0 Likes
userSWZ0xUw4zw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hi. I just mailed mine in today. I was told even though it was out of warranty it was not an issue and no charges will occur on my end. You might want to get someone on the phone and point to these community threads. Call, you will get better results.

0 Likes
userOJEgnZS0El
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Seems awfully suspicious that they want them all "sent in" to fix some thing they did around the world online...

What do they plan on doing with them all when they get them? What are they going to put into them that will fix a software bug?

Does anyone actually believe they will be getting them back after sending them in? And why would they also want all your speakers to fix a DVD player???

None of this is making any sense!!!

0 Likes
user8bXMlYT4Zd
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I specifically asked if I was to send in the remote and HDMI cord, etc, and they said no.  Can't understand why one would have to send in the speakers....this is very odd.  Solutions seem to be all over the board.  I did get a prepaid label after I spoke with them, and dropped it off today at UPS...we will see!

0 Likes
userR2aOlGPUNf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I asked to speak with a Manager then they came back and send I could just send the unit and power cord without the speakers.  They are all over the map with responses.

0 Likes