cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Blu-ray player power cycling whenever plugged in

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@mcw53 wrote:

... I told him the community is p i s s e d - o f f because of their silence and they need to post an update. We'll see if they care.

Oh they care all right.  They care about being inundated with a million Blu Ray Players within a week of making a public announcement.  So if you want yours fixed, you will have to contact them.

Silence on Samsung's end is how they plan to flatten the curve.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mcw53 wrote:

I just got off a CHAT with Samsung Care. I specifically asked if the units need to be shipped in for repair. The response was "We have determined that in order to properly repair your unit it will need to be shipped in for repair in our repair center. I can help you set up a free mail-in repair for your product.".

I went ahead and they created a ticket and emailed me a link to print a pre-paid UPS shipping label for each of my blu-ray players (BD-J5100 & BD-J5700). The whole process took about an hour. You will need to provide the following information:

Please share the following details.
1. Full Name
2. Mobile number
3. Home number
4. Email Address
5. Shipping Address with Zip Code
6. Place of purchase
7. Model and serial number
8. Preferred time to contact

I also asked if Samsung has determined the cause of the problem. No response.

I told him the community is p i s s e d - o f f because of their silence and they need to post an update. We'll see if they care.

Just got back from dropping off my BD-J5100 & BD-J5700 at the UPS Store. Now the waiting begins. Supposed to be 5-7 days  from receipt of the units. For those who are waiting for an online/diy fix, I believe you're in for a very long wait. I suggest contacting Samsung and get a ticket(s) created and a pre-paid shipping label(s) emailed to you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just went through samsung's chat. They'll fix it, but I have to pay to ship it there and back because it's out of warranty. It's 6 months old. I bought it on black friday last year at walmart. You would think if everyone's having the same issue at the same time they would pay to fix it. We didn't all break our players with the same outcome at the same time. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

3 words:  class action lawsuite

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

3 more words:  Don't buy Samsung.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They are providing a fix to make you whole.

What would your damages be?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very strange.  I went through chat as well, for a unit that's at least 3 years old, and they sent me a prepaid label.  Consistency is severely lacking here.   Not to mention the fact they they must know by know that they, Samsung, bricked these units and it should be them responsible for the repair.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersULZpmg3PL wrote:

I just went through samsung's chat. They'll fix it, but I have to pay to ship it there and back because it's out of warranty. It's 6 months old. I bought it on black friday last year at walmart. You would think if everyone's having the same issue at the same time they would pay to fix it. We didn't all break our players with the same outcome at the same time. 

Where do you live?  Mine is several years old, way out of warranty, they sent me 2 shipping labels free of charge.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I just mailed mine in today. I was told even though it was out of warranty it was not an issue and no charges will occur on my end. You might want to get someone on the phone and point to these community threads. Call, you will get better results.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems awfully suspicious that they want them all "sent in" to fix some thing they did around the world online...

What do they plan on doing with them all when they get them? What are they going to put into them that will fix a software bug?

Does anyone actually believe they will be getting them back after sending them in? And why would they also want all your speakers to fix a DVD player???

None of this is making any sense!!!