Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userqebDvyJnMB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

samsung canada don't have any solution yet 🤦‍:male_sign:. It's time to me to buy a new home in the USA to get a label  😂 

user4jTTJ00aLw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

LOL.. thanks for te info! This is such a massive mess. I have two players, same make and model, and the one at home just power cycles. I haven't been to the cottage so can't see what the other player is doing but I'm guessing it will behave the same.

I bet this can't even be fixed by consumers since it reboots right away and you can't just flash the new firmware with a USB drive or something like that.

0 Likes
userR2aOlGPUNf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Anyone with a HT-J5500W that has been told by support chat that an update will be pushed to this model on Sunday to resolve the issue?  Just want to see if I should believe this or request a RMA.

0 Likes
userR2aOlGPUNf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Decided to speak with a Pro via Chat, they confirmed that I need to send it in ... Just wish they would do that for everyone if that is indeed the fix and not push false hopes to people chatting or calling in.

userR2aOlGPUNf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Now the Pro is telling me that I need to take down all 6 of the speakers that go with the set and ship those back as well - like w-t-f.  I am not understanding why they need the speakers to service the unit.

0 Likes
Zorro3k6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

A pro told me that too. So I said okay and boxed up everything including the remote. Maybe they need to test it after they repair to make sure it works? That or they send you a refurbished model they had around instead of sending back the one you sent it. Either way you'll get a repaired version of your device.

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I just got off a CHAT with Samsung Care. I specifically asked if the units need to be shipped in for repair. The response was "We have determined that in order to properly repair your unit it will need to be shipped in for repair in our repair center. I can help you set up a free mail-in repair for your product.".

I went ahead and they created a ticket and emailed me a link to print a pre-paid UPS shipping label for each of my blu-ray players (BD-J5100 & BD-J5700). The whole process took about an hour. You will need to provide the following information:

Please share the following details.
1. Full Name
2. Mobile number
3. Home number
4. Email Address
5. Shipping Address with Zip Code
6. Place of purchase
7. Model and serial number
8. Preferred time to contact

I also asked if Samsung has determined the cause of the problem. No response.

I told him the community is p i s s e d - o f f because of their silence and they need to post an update. We'll see if they care.

userlMe3Hj0Aes
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It's hard to know which of their chat "experts" know what they are talking about.  I was told to go to https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ and complete a request for mail-in repair.  When I did that, it requires you to "register" your device by entering the serial number and model number.  When I did that, it told me that both of my numbers are invalid.  I assume this might be due to them no longer selling Blu-Ray players.  But now I've got to contact Samsung again tomorrow to find out if they can just send me a shipping label.  I guess I just got a subpar expert in my chat.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater
@mcw53 wrote:

... I told him the community is p i s s e d - o f f because of their silence and they need to post an update. We'll see if they care.

Oh they care all right.  They care about being inundated with a million Blu Ray Players within a week of making a public announcement.  So if you want yours fixed, you will have to contact them.

Silence on Samsung's end is how they plan to flatten the curve.

mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@mcw53 wrote:

I just got off a CHAT with Samsung Care. I specifically asked if the units need to be shipped in for repair. The response was "We have determined that in order to properly repair your unit it will need to be shipped in for repair in our repair center. I can help you set up a free mail-in repair for your product.".

I went ahead and they created a ticket and emailed me a link to print a pre-paid UPS shipping label for each of my blu-ray players (BD-J5100 & BD-J5700). The whole process took about an hour. You will need to provide the following information:

Please share the following details.
1. Full Name
2. Mobile number
3. Home number
4. Email Address
5. Shipping Address with Zip Code
6. Place of purchase
7. Model and serial number
8. Preferred time to contact

I also asked if Samsung has determined the cause of the problem. No response.

I told him the community is p i s s e d - o f f because of their silence and they need to post an update. We'll see if they care.

Just got back from dropping off my BD-J5100 & BD-J5700 at the UPS Store. Now the waiting begins. Supposed to be 5-7 days  from receipt of the units. For those who are waiting for an online/diy fix, I believe you're in for a very long wait. I suggest contacting Samsung and get a ticket(s) created and a pre-paid shipping label(s) emailed to you.