Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@user2NQHezyND5 wrote:

Here is what I tried today with my BD-J5700 DVD Player....

I downloaded an older Firmware, Version 1020.1 from the Samsung website.

I believe that is the latest version of the firmware for the BD-J5700. You might want to try the previous version ( 1017.1 ). Click on [SEE MORE] in your link to see previous versions.

0 Likes
user8pdg20HlVp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I tried 1017.1 on my J5700 ... no joy.

0 Likes
userRqqEuNUbKQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

How did you push the old firmware to the unit?  I tried stick to the usb port with the 1017.1 file but it doesn't seem to even look at the usb port.

My J5700 started endlesly rebooting several days ago.  It completes bootup, menu screen comes up for a second and reboots again.

0 Likes
user8pdg20HlVp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

USB

0 Likes
Vockroth
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Nice Try

useryQCphEKNv6
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Well, you made slightly more progress than I.  Downloaded the firmware, copied it to the root of my USB drive, inserted it into the player, plugged it in..........and nothing.  Same boot loop.  No signs that the player even attempted to read the file.  This really is becoming agitating.  Samsung's lack of a decent response speaks volumes to me.  I want to know precicely A) What caused this problem? and B) What measures are Samsung taking to FIX the problem?  They tell us over a week ago that they're "looking into it" and that's supposed to suffice as an adequate solution?  It's ridiculous.

userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I would like this as well. Zero response from samsung. If this can easily happen to thier technology and they can easily disrigard us with customer service then I will no longer support them as a company. 

userVYOCQfu4RZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 started to do this same thing yesterday. Played a DVD two days prior, and it worked fine. Now, we had to unplug it because even if we weren't turning it on, it was endlessly trying to power up.

Options
Home Theater

Call them. 1-800-Samsung. Once you get past that idiotic automated attendant and get to a real person tell them what you have, give them the serial number, confirm your address information and they'll Email you a prepaid ups mailing label. Box it up and take it to ups. Then wait. Mines already on it's way to them. Free shipping, free repair. Then know what happened is their fault.. 

userHs9T2hHUs4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ok, so yesterday evening I chatted with (USA Support) after waiting a week for some news on my HTJ5500W.   Chat connected me to a live person quickly and she immediately asked "is this player boot looping, making a noise and/or lacking sound?  I replied yes and a quick copy/paste had a paragraph about the worldwide failure and Samsung was covering all costs to fix the issue even for out of warranty devices.  She also sent a link, and instructed me to state " worldwide bluray failure" on any tickets or service notes.  Unfortunately since it was out of Warranty I had to call the 800 number. 

The phone support was backed up about 45 minutes and I had them call me back which only took about 30 minutes maybe. The nice lady immediately asked me the same question and stated "yes you qualify for this free fix", and actually apologized about it.  She asked my contact info and the serial number of my player and nothing else.  Within 5 minutes I had a ticket, a label, and was b0xing it up.

She stated 5-7 days from the time they receive it for me to either have it back or them to ship it back, I don't recall which.  For what it is worth,  chat stated it was a bad "firmware in 2015 models" , didn't say it was an update just the firmware was bad.  

It was all quick,  painless, and other than the lack of public communication I felt satisfied. Only a small inconvenience considering the state of the world.  It went out with UPS first thing from Alabama to the New England area so maybe in 2 weeks I can report good news. 

I urge you to use chat/call support and rectify it will Samsung is aware and wanting this issue behind them.