userSlY6jXH8C3
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

Unit and power cord was what they told me.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

very good.

0 Likes
Samsung_5eI8wYo
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I sent mine off today as well. Only difference is the told me to send the blu-ray and power cord only. Strange they told you to send everything.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user8bXMlYT4Zd wrote:

I specifically asked if I was to send in the remote 

Me too, and the guy I chatted with said yes, send the remote too.  I already packed everything up.  I'll probably lose the remote now.  At least I took the batteries out.

0 Likes
userR2aOlGPUNf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My guess is they will reprogram the ROM with an updated firmware that includes a new SSL certificate.  Might be hardward programming as any attempt to boot using USB would not work I am assuming.

Options
Home Theater

never send items not necessary for the repair or testing.

you'll lose them.

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userOJEgnZS0El wrote:

Seems awfully suspicious that they want them all "sent in" to fix some thing they did around the world online...

What do they plan on doing with them all when they get them? What are they going to put into them that will fix a software bug?

Does anyone actually believe they will be getting them back after sending them in?

None of this is making any sense!!!

I suspect they will simply burn updated firmware into the unit's ROM. The fact that at least a dozen different models are failing within a few days of eachother would indicate to me that an expired SSL security certificate is the culprit. The fact that the only solution is to mail them in for repair indicates extremely poor programming.

I mailed my BD-J5100 & BD-J5700 in today. And yes, I believe and expect for them to be repaired and returned. Samsung replaced a power board in my LN46A750 LCD television at no charge after the warranty had expired. This was to correct a common problem with failing capacitors in several models.

0 Likes
userA4tu8M3r6q
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

my Solution - use the older bluray player with its original firmware.
My 3D BluRay Player kept rebooting on and off for no reason. The movie would stop after five minutes. Model: BD-D5500-ZA with the Original Software Version: BSP-D5500ZA-1015.5

And so I updated my Firmware to a newer one from 2013 in Samsung’s site and the new Software: BSP-D5500ZA-1032.1 but the problem didn’t go away so I tried my older Samsung bluray model BD-P1500

S/W: 080929.01_100908BO_XAA which never took the update and it works with no problem. And so now I’m using my older bluray.

0 Likes
user2NQHezyND5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Here is what I tried today with my BD-J5700 DVD Player....

I downloaded an older Firmware, Version 1020.1 (December 12, 2017) from the Samsung website.

I put that RUF file on a USB stick and put it into the bricked player, while it was unplugged from the wall.

I plugged in the power cord, and it stopped doing the boot/loop nonsense, but sat there with a black tv screen for about 5 minutes. It seemed like it was trying to read the RUF file.

But after a little while, the reboot looping started up again.

No good. But something similar to this effort might be the "home" solution.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-blu-ray-disc-player-j5700-series?redir=bd-j57...

user8pdg20HlVp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I believe that is the latest version with the issue.  Try an older version.

0 Likes