Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Vockroth
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The only reason I used the text method is I can reply on my PC using Microsoft's "Your Phone" app. I had to start it on my phone then took over using the Your Phone app. The phone wait was 20 min. Heck, this text wait has been over that!

Text "Help" to 62913. 

Answer 

Please tell me more about the product you need help with. Select a number.

(1) TV
(2) Blu-ray player
(3) Home Theater
(4) Set top box
(5) Home Audio

Here are the products I can help with. Select by replying with a number:

(1) Mobile Devices
(2) TVs & home theater
(3) Home Appliances
(4) Computing

Please tell me more about the product you need help with. Select a number.

(1) TV
(2) Blu-ray player
(3) Home Theater
(4) Set top box
(5) Home Audio

Please describe your issue in a few words.

It's power cycling

Thank You

You are connected with Sabiah S from Samsung Care.

Hello!

The last two days have seen a variety of Samsung Blu-ray players worldwide suddenly cease working. The symptom is that they turn on when power is applied, whereupon they reboot themselves every few seconds endlessly. The power and eject buttons are ignored and all attempts at resetting them fail. After many owners contacted Samsung support and were told they needed to send their players in for hardware repair, Samsung appears to have admitted there is a common problem, not individual player failure. As they are all out of warranty and the reboot cycle precludes the normal software update process, we are awaiting a solution from them.  I'm having this issue!

We have a dedicated team to assist you with the product, please stay connected while I transfer the chat.

I'm still waiting. After 20 minutes I got this

Sorry our wait times are longer than expected. You will be connected to an agent shortly.

user9Z32MZirHW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 purchased in 2017 started to do this same thing two days ago.   

Samsung support contact us message chat is here:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

For the chatbot, I said "bluray boot loop".  After waiting 30 minutes I got a person on the chat, provided my model number and serial number then was asked for the following information:

1. Full Name
2. Contact Number
3. Alternate Contact Number (If any)
4. Email Address
5. Shipping Address with Zip Code
6. Place of purchase

Then wait for a ticket to get created.

You will get the UPS label address within 1-2 hours.

It will take about 5 to 7 business days from when you ship us the product to when you will receive the repaired product back in the mail. This includes shipping both ways.

David

Seattle Washington USA

0 Likes
userxDCqXqbx4J
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

That was my experience exactly.  Thanks for the suggestion!

@user9Z32MZirHW wrote:

My BD-J5700 purchased in 2017 started to do this same thing two days ago.   

Samsung support contact us message chat is here:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

For the chatbot, I said "bluray boot loop".  After waiting 30 minutes I got a person on the chat, provided my model number and serial number then was asked for the following information:

1. Full Name
2. Contact Number
3. Alternate Contact Number (If any)
4. Email Address
5. Shipping Address with Zip Code
6. Place of purchase

Then wait for a ticket to get created.

You will get the UPS label address within 1-2 hours.

It will take about 5 to 7 business days from when you ship us the product to when you will receive the repaired product back in the mail. This includes shipping both ways.

David

Seattle Washington USA

userzjbV87cgAL
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That's what they first gave me, too. Today, they sent an email that I must upload the receipt or they will cancel the order. They never mentioned it in the 30 minute chat.

0 Likes
userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

So what I'm seeing is that they don't care to update us and with a "Sorry everyone please give us a call to handle your repair." Instead It seems the community is providing the update. I will call them first thing in the morning. Thank you community for providing me with this information that Samsung had the responisbility of doing so but didn't.

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'd agree, but maybe they are trying to avoid overloading their call centre operatives (possibly working from home and understaffed) with the flood of calls such a post would be likely to create, in a short space of time.

0 Likes
userhrZEfD95hc
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I contacted to Samsung Mexico through Twitter asking if they would receive and fix the affected devices as in US, and I was asked to write them by DM but the response at the end was "Our support team is working in the solution. Stay tuned to our official channels for more information...", so apparently they aren't fixing anything yet.

It's a huge disappointment, I really liked Samsung, but I think I'm done with this brand, I have three Samsung devices that became useless this past days, and the weirdest thing is two of them don't even have online capabilities (and don't make me talk about my S7 Edge with pink line after 1.5 years of use...). 

useruYzpQRm1cX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi there I.m currently having problems on my HT- j5500W home theather, famous and well aware infinity looping. As we are all waiting fot some   post from you guys for more than a week to let us know how to procedure !!! What should I do to get fully repair by this bug since I´ve bought in USA but now I´m Living in Brazil ?  Any news about getting any solution remotly?

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

When I called Samsung support, they asked me my current address, presumably in anticipation of arranging the collection, and didn't ask where i bought them device, so your changen of location shouldn't pose any great difficulties.

The fact that they are choosing to collect and repair the devices, would suggest that there is very unlikely to be a remote fix, as them former is going to cost far more to them than making a downloadable patch available.

I'd call Support and get the repair sorted, if i were you.

Good luck

user7bhPKREZdT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5550w has the same issues.

I've contacted Samsung UK (although I'm in Ireland, I have to go through them) and they have just told me that they will be sending out an engineer to collect the unit and repair it.

0 Likes