Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Can you tell them to come to my house in California USAšŸ˜³

userSveXdyNtJy
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi, mate, do you contact they trough the Samsung UK website?
Could you share the link, please?
thank you

0 Likes
user6JSKcf6cEI
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I've got two BD-J5700 units.  One started cycling and cycling three days ago.  The other started the same thing last night.  Rainy day today and wanted to watch DVD's and Netflix ... guess that's not going to happen on either machine.  It would be nice to get a better update from Samsung to know what they suspect is going on and whether or not there will be a true fix posted ... or if we are tough out of luck.

0 Likes
userJEHIAHRJQZ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I had good luck using the online chat room feature from Samsung's product support staff.  Yesterday, I had my 3rd chat in a week, and they seem to have figured out a solution.  The rep took my information and created a "Ticket" number and then e-mailed me a prepaid UPS label to ship my BD-J5700 to their Riverdale, New Jersey Repair Center.  He said they should return it to me, repaired, in 5-7 business days.  So, I boxed up my unit and mailed it UPS Ground yesterday afternoon.  This sounds like their solution for broken units in the US.  I bought mine in 2015, so it was out of warrantee.  There will be no charge to me for the repairs.

userzjbV87cgAL
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

did they say you have to submit the receipt?  Samsung just followed up with an email that I must upload the receipt or they will cancel my order.

0 Likes
Avemaria92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
Just got off chat with customer service which I posted below.  They're requesting we ship them in for repair.  They'll need your info as well as the model and serial numbers to proceed.  Use the contact link below to start a chat.

BD-J5700 Blu Ray player keeps cycling on and off due to recent update i'm assuming.. many are having trouble. I was told to contact you about getting the player repaired.

You are connected with Shaik R from Samsung Care.

Shaik R, SAMSUNG Care Pro

11:14 AM
Hi! Thank you for contacting Samsung Support. My name is shaik and I'll be your Samsung Pro today. I'm here to help. Please give me a couple of minutes while I go through the conversation.

hi

ok

11:15 AM
I see that you are referring to Blu rau player.

We have a dedicated team to assist you on the product that you are inquiring about. Please stay online while I transfer the chat to the appropriate department for further assistance.

ok thanks
Savitri D, SAMSUNG Care Pro
Savitri D, SAMSUNG Care Pro

11:20 AM
Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support.
Please give me a couple of minutes, while I review your interaction with my colleague before it was transferred to me.

Please keep me posted within 1 to 2 minutes to avoid automatic chat disconnection.

hi

ok

11:23 AM
I see that the player is power cycling continuously, correct?

11:24 AM
yes

11:25 AM
I didn't make a video but it looks just like this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKzTDzz6iY

Okay. We'll perform all the possible troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue. If that doesn't help, we'll proceed with the service.

Could you tell me if you have performed any troubleshooting steps?

If so, we can skip those steps and get into the next course of action.

11:26 AM
What would that include?

I unplugged it for 5 minutes and plugged it back in.. tried powering on etc..

it just goes right to the cycling

I appreciate your efforts.

11:27 AM
We have determined that in order to properly repair your unit it will need to be shipped in for repair in our repair center. I can help you set up a free mail-in repair for your product.

ok

We will open a mail-in service order and you need to pack the product and drop off at the nearest UPS by pasting the prepaid e-label that will be sent to your email address

11:28 AM
ok
userVYEKFc5R9Q
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I tried a chat at the link and was told they did not have access to customer information so could not send me a pre-paid shipping label.

Wish there was some location on their web site we could go to get instructions.

0 Likes
CalebC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I also just finished a chat with Samsung support, and they set me up with a free mail-in repair for my BD-J5900.

TigerShark
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Instead of waiting for an answer I contacted tech support via chat. 

big KUDOS to the tech who assisted me.  Within 30 minutes of chatting with him I had two UPS shipping labels emailed to me so I could send both of my units back for repair.   the only question the tech could not provide an answer for was how long both of my DVD players would be in for repair before I could see them again.  Hope this helps those who are seeing the same issue.

userIEfePirPrY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Took a while with some phone connection issues, but I will be getting UPS labels and a box to send in my BD-JM57C for repair.  5 to 7 business days once they receive it.  Phone call was a wait for 30 minutes for call back, and then probably 45 minutes to get all the specs in and process (mine was a little longer becasue I have a library DVD with a kids show for my youngest stuck in the player, and that took a while for them to verify that they will send the disc back).  VERY IMPORTANT...do not try to open the player manually to retrieve a disc as that will void any repair service to the unit, regardless of whether it is still under warranty.

Also, cannot say enough about how pleasant the tech person was on the call.  I am in Ohio, USA.

0 Likes