Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userWsXJxxVMQK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

So I've been lurking since last Thursday hoping for an easy update fix. It's not going to happen.

There's not going to be an update to fix it easily it appears. As soon as I opened up the chat and mentioned boot loop it redirected me to a Samsung care pro.

Describe theproduct and issue you need help with. i.e. You can say, "Refrigerator doesn't feel cool enough."

2:42 PM HT-J5500W boot loop

2:42 PM I may have found what you’re looking for. Please select an option to continue

. 2:42 PM Chat with a person

2:42 PM Please select the product category you need help with.

2:42 PM TVs & Home Theater

2:42 PM Please select which product you need help with.

2:42 PM Home Theater

2:42 PM I will be connecting you to a Samsung expert who can help. Samsung experts are a group of our most knowledgeable users. We are notifying top Samsung experts. It usually takes 1-2 minutes.

The Samsung expert routed the conversation to a Samsung Care Pro.

2:44 PM I will be connecting you to a Samsung Care Pro who can help. You are connected with Virat Chary from Samsung Care. Virat Chary, SAMSUNG Care Pro

2:51 PM Hi, Chris! My name is Virat and I'll be your Samsung Pro today. I'm here to help. Please give me a couple of minutes while I go through the conversation.

2:51 PM Help me with the model and serail number of the unit.

2:53 PM The model is HT-5500w

2:53 PM One sec I'll get the sn

2:53 PM Sure, please go ahead. 2:54 PM 0BHxxxxxxcxx

2:55 PM Thank you.

2:55 PM We have determined that in order to properly repair your unit it will need to be shipped in for repair in our repair center. I can help you set up a free mail-in repair for your product.

0 Likes
userFQnMKgjE8o
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have an older model, the BD-P1590 (around 10-11 years old), which was also affected. I spoke with chat support a few minutes ago, and mine is now working again. The solution for my model is: Turn the player on, then immediately press and hold the STOP button for thirty seconds. This got mine back in working order. 
I'll aslo note that the 'boot loop' on this model worked a little differently: Instead of a constant cycle, it just immediatly shut down again. If there was a disc in it, it tried to load that (and I was able to remove the disc), but otherwise it would still shut down again. 
Hope this helps a few people still holding on to old artefacts. XD

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

If there were any possibility of a customer fix via internet connection or download firmware to USB device I don't think Samsung would be so willing to pay the round trip freight and tech time to fix these bricks.

Also, it sounds like most of us have been asked (threatened) to upload a purchase receipt or else the repair order will be canceled.  After receiving my 'threat', I went back into Pro Service Chat and gave them my 2 repair ticket numbers.  The Samsung rep told me I don't need to submit a receipt.

I boxed both of mine up and sent them out today under the free UPS labels that they provided.

The first chat representative told me I had to ship the remotes with my units.  Now I'm reading that was not necessary.  I hope I get mine back.  There won't be much difference between a dead brick with a remote and working brick without a remote.

0 Likes
userFQnMKgjE8o
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

i think part of it is just that mines old and the snafu behavior  is different. I'll def be keeping an eye on it though, and the second it screws up again I'll be back demanding an alternative and/or a lable (though to be honest if it comes to that I'm expecting a "sorry you're out of service lifetime we can't help you" line)

0 Likes
Reading_Koala
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

tried to fix online and downloading patch also ... not working.

Called customer service, mentioned this Samsung Community blog, and right away offered UPS ground free to send my blue-ray to their hub in New Jersey ... waiting for its return.

Jante
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@Reading_Koala wrote:

tried to fix online and downloading patch also ... not working.

Called customer service, mentioned this Samsung Community blog, and right away offered UPS ground free to send my blue-ray to their hub in New Jersey ... waiting for its return.

I went to Customer Service online, took my info and emailed me shipping label and ticket info. Then I received a text, not long after online chat, stating they want a receipt (I do not have), or they will cancel the ticket. I never registered it because it's not showing up in my items registered.  So now I'm not sure what to do! 

When did you send yours?

Did you have a receipt? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

You probably had a different problem.  Holding down the stop button simply does a reset and does nothing for the real boot loop problem.

From what I can tell anything older than about 2014 doesn't have this issue.

0 Likes
userOPZ6qY0W04
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

SOLUTION:

Contact Customer Support via Online Chat. 
Inform the CS Rep of the boot loop issue. 
Have your Serial Number ready, they'll ask for it. 
CS Rep will create you a work ticket. 
Ensure you ask for a shipping label if one isn't offered. 
The email they send will say something about uploading a receipt but it is not necessary for this issue. 
Send unit in with power cord and await return.

This solution is for US.  

userqebDvyJnMB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

this solution does not work in all countries unfortunately but US and UK are ok

0 Likes
userRvig4UAkJx
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for the advice.  I've been waiting for this since June 17th. I now have my emailed UPS label and will send my DVD player back to Samsung tomorrow.  Here is a hint - Samsung customer support will want to know the serial number of the item. Make a note of this ahead of time.  The serial number on the player is tiny and extremely hard to read. Take a photo of it, then you can blow it up so it's legible. Type it in Notepad - it must be 15 characters - then you can cut and paste the info in your chat with Samsung when they ask for it.