Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
usertlROdK3ehR
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Why is there a Jump to Solution option when there is no solution yet? I have been having the problem for a about a week. When can we expect a solution?  Surprised this isn't all over the news. 

@

userQgTruMC7zG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

To anyone with this issue within the United States. The solution involves calling Samsung customer service, and giving the person the required information so they can e-mail you a prepaid UPS label. Just box up your unit, print and put the label on the box and drop it at a UPS location. I'm told you will get it back in five to seven days, free of charge, working and reset to factory settings. I believe they don't want to post this information here because they are waiting for people to come to them.  In my opinion, the fewer that do the less this boondoggle will cost them.

There will be no magical fix over the web as it takes about a minute for your bluray player to connect to the internet. As we all know here, they don't stay on long enough for this to happen. This by the way, in case you had any doubts, is all their fault. They sent the firmware that caused the failure. 

Good luck to you all.

user7bJmljiuNW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Do they require the receipt? I don't have mine, but I bought my player from Costco so I can probably ask them for it. 

0 Likes
userfBIo4CefLc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I needed to upload a reciept. Luckily, I purchased through Amazon so I was able to just download a receipt.

0 Likes
userQgTruMC7zG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

No receipt is needed.

0 Likes
A_Creative_Hand
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine’s now on its way to the Samsung repair facility via UPS. Thanks for the heads-up about the Chat—I’m very glad to not need to buy another player.

0 Likes
user8UzFycPPrH
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

mine isnt working too since like a couple of hours, hopefully there's a solution soon. sorry if my english is bad, i'm from germany

Vockroth
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The only reason I used the text method is I can reply on my PC using Microsoft's "Your Phone" app. I had to start it on my phone then took over using the Your Phone app. The phone wait was 20 min. Heck, this text wait has been over that!

Text "Help" to 62913. 

Answer 

Please tell me more about the product you need help with. Select a number.

(1) TV
(2) Blu-ray player
(3) Home Theater
(4) Set top box
(5) Home Audio

Here are the products I can help with. Select by replying with a number:

(1) Mobile Devices
(2) TVs & home theater
(3) Home Appliances
(4) Computing

Please tell me more about the product you need help with. Select a number.

(1) TV
(2) Blu-ray player
(3) Home Theater
(4) Set top box
(5) Home Audio

Please describe your issue in a few words.

It's power cycling

Thank You

You are connected with Sabiah S from Samsung Care.

Hello!

The last two days have seen a variety of Samsung Blu-ray players worldwide suddenly cease working. The symptom is that they turn on when power is applied, whereupon they reboot themselves every few seconds endlessly. The power and eject buttons are ignored and all attempts at resetting them fail. After many owners contacted Samsung support and were told they needed to send their players in for hardware repair, Samsung appears to have admitted there is a common problem, not individual player failure. As they are all out of warranty and the reboot cycle precludes the normal software update process, we are awaiting a solution from them.  I'm having this issue!

We have a dedicated team to assist you with the product, please stay connected while I transfer the chat.

I'm still waiting. After 20 minutes I got this

Sorry our wait times are longer than expected. You will be connected to an agent shortly.

0 Likes
user3RyDyulPfw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Samed here. My BD-J 5100 dvd just became a brick...cycling on and off.

user2bW2isHoF0
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Is there a solution yet?!? It's been a week since mine started looping and I can't keep plugged since it won't stay powered off/on..