Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
useroCyxZlncBF
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Today is June 27, 2020. I tried to see a movie and I ended with and endless reboot and spending 2hr trying to get my stuck netflix Bluray disk. I'm getting tired of Samsung products failing after 2-3 years after spend big money. I had all Samsung Notes, Appliances,  etc. All failed in less than 3 yr. This is not a cheap blueray, can production support give me a sulution? I have been reading here it is happening everywhere.

0 Likes
userdhUgsb14l2
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Call, chat, whatever you need to do.  Took me 5 days, finally I got a repair number and a shipping label.  They say it's a free repair.    It clearly states on the repair order, that it is out of warranty.  I already replaced the home theater with a sound bar and a new DVD player, not Samsung.  What an awful company that took me five days to get an answer.  If I didn't come to this forum where would we have been notified of a fix?  Terrible engineering and business practices.  I have zero faith in them and now I have to buy a box to fit it in.  Weird questions were also asked by the tech like, "Do you leave it plugged in?", "Is it connected to the internet?", and "What was the last function you were on?"   Guesss they are looking to blame also.  I can see them charging everyone for the repair and holding the device ransom.  

0 Likes
usernzoOtLn6AL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Several Blu Ray models have bee stuck in a bootup loop for a WEEK NOW.

Give us a solution or a REFUND.

How about holding a strong magnet over the RAM chip? Would that work? Is there some component that can be pulled and replaced with a good one? 

0 Likes
userdhUgsb14l2
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Took 5 days but. I finally talked to someone and I have a shipping label and was told it would cost nothing. Have to send it and get it back.  Confidence is low since they never took it upon themselves to issue a press statement or anything.  Only found out about it through this forum.  Call, chat, whatever you need to do.  Good Luck.

userDZVlaDyZae
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

hi

Somewhere in forum one of user mention, call 1-800-samsung they will provide instructions for return

regrds

0 Likes
user56NoIDByjD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

good still my home theater has reboot problems. the team still has a guarantee. are you going to return the money ??? or can I change it for another team?

0 Likes
userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have same problem with my Bluray player which is part of my home theatre system.

Many people commented there samsung is repairing there system they just have to ship it.

In India samsung service center people said they can't repair it. I would like to know if same problem can be repaired in US then why not in india and why nobody in samsung service in india as clue about this problem?

0 Likes
userov9hmlv68t
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Any solution for Samsung Blue ray "reboot" stuck

0 Likes
userDZVlaDyZae
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

hi

Somewhere in forum one of user mention, call 1-800-samsung they will provide instructions for return

regrds

0 Likes
Libcat802
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I see that there appears to be no solution to the blu-ray home theater system cited in the subject line above, from Samsung. At least I couldn't find anything that indicated anyone at Samsung was taking this worldwide breakdown seriously, and no fix seems to be planned. Except to send it in for repair. Do they really want hundreds of players sent to them? Maybe! Perhaps a way to keep people working during the pandemic? Anyway, I am going to look for another system, and definitely NOT a Samsung. I have really stood by them and have recommended their TV's to several people, and when I do decide to get a new TV (mine is 5 years old) I will definitely look at other brands. If anyone has any recommendations, please share with the group. It's really a shame, as I liked my HT-J5500W very much. Bummer.