Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userI5TW7OmhYw
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same here, i am in India and they don't even have any clue about this, for the last 1 week i am explaining it to them but they are treating it as an isolated incident, and they told me i am the first one who has reported this , no one else has reported any bluray player issue. I even chatted with samsung us customer support who seems to be actually based on india and they told me they knows about this issue, but samsung india refuses to acknowledge anything 😕 

0 Likes
Vitaliser
Pilot
Options
Home Theater

Same here, I'm from Iran and they don't have any clue about this, I had to send this forum's link to inform them.

I have ht-j5550wk, mine was fine till connected to the internet on 06/25.
@Anonymous, if Samsung has any solution please inform your branch in Iran.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user56NoIDByjD wrote:

nothing has been resolved. what do we do? or what are they going to do? warranty? demand?

Read some of the forum....

all you have to do is call samsung at 1-800-samsung, get past the automated attendent, talk to a person and tell them that you have a bad blu ray player that is in a boot loop.  They will take your name and number, email you a return lable and you send it to them.  They will fix and return, no charge for shipping or repair.  Mine is on it's way right now.  

0 Likes
userqebDvyJnMB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Only work in US and UK . not available elsewhere for now

0 Likes
useratqCRSq86a
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

They are doing this in Canada now. I just did a chat session and they are sending me a label to ship my unit out. Still weird no explanation just ship it to us but I'm willing to try something. If I don't get it back crappy but it was useless paper weight anyway. 

0 Likes
jimku4aa
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I followed the advice of those who called the 1-800-SAMSUNG number and did the same. I had to wait about 40 minutes to speak to a service representative, but it wasn't on the phone--I provided a callback number, and they did in fact call me back. (OK, they said they would call back in 11 minutes and it ended up being 40, but at least I didn't have to listen to clunky, over-driven piano music in a 90-second loop while waiting!) The service representative was surprisingly pleasant, tried to answer all my questions, and provided me with a service ticket number and a shipping label (via two e-mails). She freely admitted that this was a firmware issue, that it could not be repaired without sending it in. I think maybe they are trying to "flatten the curve" (sorry for the Chinese flu reference); but they are trying to honor their admission that this was their fault. My players have been out of warranty for over a year, and that did not matter.

Final advice: Call them. You'll be a bit inconvenienced to box the player and send it in, but it appears to be the best way to go. 

userojbmvZ2TU5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Have the same recycling issue with my BD-JM57C. No luck. Powercycled several times. Tried the eject button recycling step, still no use.

Any luck, any one?

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userojbmvZ2TU5 wrote:

Have the same recycling issue with my BD-JM57C. No luck. Powercycled several times. Tried the eject button recycling step, still no use.

Any luck, any one?

Yes, read the previous reply above yours.

0 Likes
userta7e6k5LAs
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

We just turned ours on last night. And realized it wasn't working. Same problem cannot pull it up on my TV screen. It just is cycling inside the box on and off on and off every five seconds. Need help!@

userZzJxzPwXA1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

HELLO, I AM IN THE UK, I HAVE THE HT-J5550W 5.1 Smart 3D Blu-ray & DVD Home Cinema System DOING THE SAME THING, LOOPING SO YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE SETTINGS AND ALSO, NO SOUND FROM THE SPEAKERS AND NO ACCESSABLE MENUS, JUST LOOPING.  

I HAVE JUST SPOKEN VIA ONLINE CHAT TO THE UK AGENT AND THEY ARE SENDING AN ENGINEER OUT TO COLLECT THE ITEM FOR REPAIR AS THEY ARE AWARE OF THE ISSUE, FREE OF CHARGE REPAIR.

HOPE THAT HELPS ANY OF THE UK CONTINGENT HAVING THE SAME ISSUE.