Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

@user2bW2isHoF0 wrote:

Is there a solution yet?!? It's been a week since mine started looping and I can't keep plugged since it won't stay powered off/on..

Yes.  If you read through the last several pages of this thread you will see that the solution is to contact Samsung either by phone or chat and tell them your  Blu Ray Player is stuck in a continuous boot loop.

Assuming you are in the USA ( I can't speak for other regions), Samsung will issue you a repair ticket # and send a pre-paid UPS shipping label by email.  At this point these units need to be sent to a Samsung repair facility to be fixed. 

Boriqua-del-Barrio
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also contacted Samsung via chat and was given a ticket # and pre-paid UPS label.  I'm sending my BD-J5700 in for repair.  They said it would take 5-7 days once the player is shipped to them.

0 Likes
user56NoIDByjD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

nothing has been resolved. what do we do? or what are they going to do? warranty? demand?

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user56NoIDByjD wrote:

nothing has been resolved. what do we do? or what are they going to do? warranty? demand?

Actually it has potentially been resolved for USA customers.

Q. "What do we do?"  

A.  Call or chat with Samsung support.

Q. "What are they going to do?"

A.  They are going to authorize a free repair, send you a UPS shipping label.  You have to pack the unit, print the label, put it on the box, take it to UPS or have UPS pick it up.  

Q.  "Warranty?"

A.  No, even if the unit is out of warranty they will cover the repair.

If your read through the replies on this thread starting around page 195 you  will see about 50 instances of other customers getting free shipping labels and sending their devices to Samsung for repair.

userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

In india they don't have any clue about this.

Not sure if they will offer 😞

0 Likes
userI5TW7OmhYw
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same here, i am in India and they don't even have any clue about this, for the last 1 week i am explaining it to them but they are treating it as an isolated incident, and they told me i am the first one who has reported this , no one else has reported any bluray player issue. I even chatted with samsung us customer support who seems to be actually based on india and they told me they knows about this issue, but samsung india refuses to acknowledge anything 😕 

userAVTJcMO0ng
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same here, In India I am also struggling with their customer care, In fact Initially I was not aware of this global situation and called Engineer at home. He declared that Motherboard is gone and I asked to replace. But then they realized that parts are not available.

After researching on the Internet got to know that there is no hardware issue its Samsung who is the culprit.

And then tried contacting CEO help desk India and given them all proofs of worldwide same issues and article on the same, In fact, the link of community discussions as well. Do you know what is their excuse ???

You are the only one in India as per our knowledge...and we cannot access the link in the mail which you shared.  Seriously this is how you treat your customers ???

They are not accepting that its a global situation and it is Samsung who is reliable for. Whenever you call them, they speak the same language product is out of warranty and you need to pay visit charges bla bla.

I guess @userI5TW7OmhYw 

We need to team up in India and pull their collar here in India. Because writing in the US community...

Or we have to tag them on Twitter so that they will start acknowledging our issue and start providing a solution like US, UK, and Ireland Samsung team is doing

Options
Home Theater

@userAVTJcMO0ng wrote:

Same here, In India I am also struggling with their customer care, In fact Initially I was not aware of this global situation and called Engineer at home. He declared that Motherboard is gone and I asked to replace. But then they realized that parts are not available.

After researching on the Internet got to know that there is no hardware issue its Samsung who is the culprit.

And then tried contacting CEO help desk India and given them all proofs of worldwide same issues and article on the same, In fact, the link of community discussions as well. Do you know what is their excuse ???

You are the only one in India as per our knowledge...and we cannot access the link in the mail which you shared.  Seriously this is how you treat your customers ???

They are not accepting that its a global situation and it is Samsung who is reliable for. Whenever you call them, they speak the same language product is out of warranty and you need to pay visit charges bla bla.

I guess @userI5TW7OmhYw 

We need to team up in India and pull their collar here in India. Because writing in the US community...

Or we have to tag them on Twitter so that they will start acknowledging our issue and start providing a solution like US, UK, and Ireland Samsung team is doing

Or go here, to find the Samsung support page for your country and see if they have a link for service on this problem.  

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/ 

0 Likes
userI5TW7OmhYw
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes we need to start tagging them in Twitter, they are telling me the same thing that I am only one who is facing this and they have no knowledge of this being any global issue

0 Likes
userI5TW7OmhYw
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@userAVTJcMO0ng contact me once in Twitter @murlylock

0 Likes