Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
SergeBolduc
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

What happen here is obsolescence, I can't imagine my refrigerator stop working one day even if all the hardware part are good. Here in Québec Canada there is a law that forbiden that kind of behavior. I did wait for a fix but since there is none and Samsung Canada don't have recall system I am force to not only stop buying there devices but also spread the news "Samsung is a company that don't respect customer and practice obsolescence" 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@SergeBolduc wrote:

What happen here is obsolescence, I can't imagine my refrigerator stop working one day even if all the hardware part are good. Here in Québec Canada there is a law that forbiden that kind of behavior. I did wait for a fix but since there is none and Samsung Canada don't have recall system I am force to not only stop buying there devices but also spread the news "Samsung is a company that don't respect customer and practice obsolescence" 

This is information that I got from the Samsung EU Site.  Go here....

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/ 

and search for your country and see the support page for you.  What I've been passing on to people is:

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS lable, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

BUT I have no idea what the procedure is for Canada.  Sorry

0 Likes
Kojac99
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did anyone else have samsung tell them that they will be sending another update?  I've been told this twice now on the online chat.  Last one explained to unplug it but then plug it back in for a few minutes every 6 hours to see if it updates.

0 Likes
userDZVlaDyZae
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

hi

Somewhere in forum one of user mention, call 1-800-samsung they will provide instructions for return

I am on phoen since past 30 mins, waiting for someone to give instructions for return

regrds

Options
Home Theater

@userDZVlaDyZae wrote:

hi

Somewhere in forum one of user mention, call 1-800-samsung they will provide instructions for return

I am on phoen since past 30 mins, waiting for someone to give instructions for return

regrds

Well, you figure that they got several HUNDRED THOUSAND customers calling up.  It'll take a bit..  

0 Likes
icestation
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Everyone.  Here is what the Canadian chat line rep told me:

1) For Canada, there is a list of affected products

2) HT-J4500 is on the list

3) HT-J4530 in NOT on the list, but they will take my report under advisement and "get back to me in 2-3 business days"

I asked what the SLA was on tickets and also for a ticket number.  No SLA on tickets and no tracking of tickets or elapsed time.  Will not provide a ticekt number only a conversation ID.  Wanted to know what country and exact model and exact serial number.  Refused to provide a mailing label.

I told him the the two Home Theater units HT-J4500 and HT-J4530 are identical, the only difference is the speakers.  He advised me to wait.  I asked him what the suqare root of negative one was (BOT test) and he told me this was a professional help chat line and to keep my quesitons rleated to the product inquiry.

I asked him why is it, if this is a professional help chat line, he cannot provide a ticket umber nor an SLA gurantee?  He thanked me for contacting them.  Not a bot.  Definitely a script.  Samsung is obviously scrambling on this one.  Got passed around to several people the first few who told me unknown problem.  Or "I have to research it."

Jus imagine.  Pushing out an involutary firmware update en-masse with insufficuent test coverage, not field trial stage, and with a defect that affects the bootloader so that oyu cannot even FLASH the problem away!  This is one one guy making a boo-boo.  This is a fundamentally broken devleopment life cycle process.  Sombody higher up the development food chain needs to have their butt handed to them.  Not the first time either.   They did the same thing in 2011, only you had to be dumb enough to put it on a USB drive and then infect oyur system with it.  This time it was involuntary, you just had to leave it connected to the Interwebs (which it needs to work with Netflix).  

Hey Samsung, we want senior heads to roll over this.  Time to name and shame so the next guys think twice before pushing out untested firmware to 10,000 ususpecting paying customers.

https://magsol.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/quit-testing-in-production.jpg

SergeBolduc
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

HT-J4500 here, more than 150 000 view here and act like they know nothing about?

Go Canada go! Like I said wait for peoples to trash devices there will be less to repair. No only obsolescence but ignore the problem!

0 Likes
userF19JqXTo0q
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same problem with the bd-J5100. I almost went to the store to buy a new one but I found this discussion.

@userSlY6jXH8C3 wrote:

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userF19JqXTo0q wrote:

Same problem with the bd-J5100. I almost went to the store to buy a new one but I found this discussion.

@userSlY6jXH8C3 wrote:

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS lable, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

userSWZ0xUw4zw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

This is what I did also. I was on this since the 18th of June, several wothless chats and then finally I called, got thru and it sounded like a call center, more like a bee hive. Anyway.. Like you, all going to be fixed for free(so far). I just shipped mine off yesterday morning. Good luck. Let's hope they replace the mother board and do it right.