Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userss5ZzwAXHC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello Sabrina.

Is there any real solution? Last weekend I was on a chat with a technician that told me to watch this thread. I know of at least 2 machines that are having this problem including myBD-JM57C/ZA.

From what I can see by monitoring the thread, there a few random people that were able to convince Samsung support that they should ship the unit in for repair. Is that the final solution, or just support staff trying to be helpful without knowing what else to do?

Thanks,

Herb Monroe

0 Likes
userdstvzjxskw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have BD-J5700 and started doing the same, cycling on/off. It started this week.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userdstvzjxskw wrote:

I have BD-J5700 and started doing the same, cycling on/off. It started this week.

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS lable, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

0 Likes
userRML3R0x2OE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is BS.  They should give everyone a refund for this.  This is unacceptable.  I will not be buying Samsung anymore.  A week later and still nothing.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userRML3R0x2OE wrote:

This is BS.  They should give everyone a refund for this.  This is unacceptable.  I will not be buying Samsung anymore.  A week later and still nothing.

sigh

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS lable, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

0 Likes
useri87pWAASuM
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Has there really been a solution? Because my blu ray player just started looping today, what looks like two weeks after others reported the problem. I have unplugged the device and it is not correcting itself. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@useri87pWAASuM wrote:

Has there really been a solution? Because my blu ray player just started looping today, what looks like two weeks after others reported the problem. I have unplugged the device and it is not correcting itself. 

0 Likes
userTZPXKACRYx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady Mine is not working, no image, no audio. The model is HT-J5530K/ZX when turning it on it sounds like a charging a movie and it doesn't have a movie in the player. Also no audio to the speakers when using it with the tv. Help, please! 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userTZPXKACRYx wrote:

@The BOSS lady Mine is not working, no image, no audio. The model is HT-J5530K/ZX when turning it on it sounds like a charging a movie and it doesn't have a movie in the player. Also no audio to the speakers when using it with the tv. Help, please! 

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS label, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

@The BOSS lady  Can you PLEASE put a sticky at the top of this thread with the correct instructions?  We've got several thousand messages here all asking the same question and to tell you the truth, there are several of us getting tired of answering everyone with the same answer every time.  

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS label, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

PLEASE!!!