Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userEz7IXra1e6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I went through their online chat and got a label, etc.  But THEN, I get a text saying that I haven't uploaded the receipt yet and if I didn't then it may not get repaired.

Has anyone else received this?  Do we really need a receipt for this?

I tried getting back on the online chat, waited 15 minutes and then my laptop locked up.  By the time I rebooted, I had to go.

I'll try again today, but I'm curious if anyone else has been asked for a receipt, and what happened about it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
RusTones
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I don't think calling the 800 number will do anything for folks without warranty.  This appears to be planned obselecense and they most surely are looking for ways to cut their losses on this one.  I don't expect to be compensated for the loss of my Home Theater System and Streaming service monthy fees.

It would just be nice for them to address this again with something other than advising to plug it back in every 6 hours and test it.  Those chat guys are not good!

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@RusTones wrote:

I don't think calling the 800 number will do anything for folks without warranty.  This appears to be planned obselecense and they most surely are looking for ways to cut their losses on this one.  I don't expect to be compensated for the loss of my Home Theater System and Streaming service monthy fees.

Warranty status is irrelevant. Samsung scr*wed messed up and they know it. And that is why they are fixing these at no charge. Like so many others, I contacted Samsung, received 2 pre-paid shipping labels and have shipped my BD-J5100 and BD-J5700 to Samsung in NJ for repair.

Options
Home Theater

@RusTones wrote:

It would just be nice for them to address this again with something other than advising to plug it back in every 6 hours and test it.  Those chat guys are not good!

Mine was over 5 years old, no reciept and no warranty.  They didn't even blink an eye.  It was there mistake.  They are absorbing it.  If you don't want it fixed ok.  Get a new on.  Mine is on its way to the Service center now.  I've been cutting and pasting my response to just about everyone trying to help.  This isn't due to a malfunction.  This isn't due to wear and tear.  They are offering to fix it..  

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS lable, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

userEz7IXra1e6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Did they ask you for a receipt?  I got a text saying that they might not repair it if I didn't upload a receipt. 

And I don't know if that's merely a bluff, or if they really mean it. 

I plan to contact them today, but am curious to know if they contacted you and asked for a receipt.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userEz7IXra1e6 wrote:

Did they ask you for a receipt?  I got a text saying that they might not repair it if I didn't upload a receipt. 

And I don't know if that's merely a bluff, or if they really mean it. 

I plan to contact them today, but am curious to know if they contacted you and asked for a receipt.

On mine, they asked if I had a receipt. I laughed and asked "from 4 years ago?" He laughed and said never mind. We'll get it fixed. 

OregonUSA
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Just got off the phone with Samsung customer service. Hold time was 27 minutes, but the agent was very pleasant and helpful. Did not make me jump through any hoops or do useless tests.

I have an HT-J4500 that was purchased in 2016 so def out of warranty. The agent asked me a few questions about where I bought it,  what it was doing and when it started. Then created a ticket and emailed a shipping label. Said the turn-around time is 7-10 business days. We'll see if that holds true. Update: got a text saying I still hadn't uploaded a copy of my receipt and my ticket would be cancelled. The agent never indicated one was required. So make sure you read all emails and texts carefully to not give them an excuse to cancel on you.

user8WMDf65Eqz
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Both of my units which are exactly the same have this problem and it started within 2 hours of the first unit going down. Something in their software from their servers is causing this and they need to fix it or repair ALL of the units for free at no cost!!!! 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user8WMDf65Eqz wrote:

Both of my units which are exactly the same have this problem and it started within 2 hours of the first unit going down. Something in their software from their servers is causing this and they need to fix it or repair ALL of the units for free at no cost!!!! 

sigh.... They ARE!

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS label, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

0 Likes
user0bdWywK5Hs
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Eh...I'd rather give my money to another company who hasn't completely bumblescrewed a perfectly working bluray player. Bozos..

0 Likes