Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

@user0bdWywK5Hs wrote:

Eh...I'd rather give my money to another company who hasn't completely bumblescrewed a perfectly working bluray player. Bozos..

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS label, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

Or not.. 

0 Likes
user0bdWywK5Hs
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

No charge shipping..No charge repair.. But I charge for my time. Will they reimburse me for the inconvenience? No, they won't. So I will reward another company with my dollars until that company fuddles up. I will not give these chuckleheads another chance with such a galactic screw up. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user0bdWywK5Hs wrote:

No charge shipping..No charge repair.. But I charge for my time. Will they reimburse me for the inconvenience? No, they won't. So I will reward another company with my dollars until that company fuddles up. I will not give these chuckleheads another chance with such a galactic screw up. 

ok

0 Likes
user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@user0bdWywK5Hs wrote:

"I'm inconvenienced" has no legal remedy. Source: watch Judge Judy or the People's Court.

Your solution has been provided. In the future, vote with your wallet. 

0 Likes
user5IR4l55mDY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Tengo dos equipos Blu-ray y los 2 están en el ciclo infinito. Ya hable a soporte y la solución que me dieron no funcionó. Me urge que mis equipos estén funcionando.

0 Likes
Brandiplustwo
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My blu-ray has unfortunately joined everyone else and doing exactly what everyone elses is doing turning on acting like a disc is in then powering off ugggh

0 Likes
userRi92YGhjKW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

In France they are not handling the issue the same way. No UPS I have to drive 45min to bring my device to a repair center. So yes it's free but I'll have to drive 45min x4 to give it to them and take it back. So 3h of driving.

For me Samsung didn't do the right thing here and I'll never buy a Samsung device ever again. 

useroJP0lFUTvF
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yeah but it's France so you get a glass of wine and a plateau de fromages while you're waiting.  In the US you just sit on hold for two hours listening to muzak.

userRi92YGhjKW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Wait it's getting better. 

I called the repair center, they are open Tuesday and Thursday morning only. 

Nice!

I work everyday!!! So I think that I can forget my HT-J5550W, buy a new Home theatre and never touch a Samsung device ever again even with a stick. 

0 Likes
userE8XfSWwDRi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I bought two Samsung BD-JM57C/ZA from Costco in Dec. 2017.  Both started to auto cycle on and off on 6/18/2020 incessantly until unplugged.  Looking for Samsung for support and fix.

0 Likes