Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userYngLt4ZbSr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Don't call this a solution! English doesn't work that way. Same thing happened on the only other type of samsung product I owned - tablet. Customer after customer complains about sudden boot cycling. Explored every angle in another thread here in the community with NO SOLUTION and yet SamsungSomebody comes and says Solution - - - when it hasn't solved anyone's problems. Why is there no way to DISLIKE this "solution" posting? REJECT this solution posting? Call FOUL on this practice of calling this a solution? The only hope I have is that Samsung finds the key to fixing this AND the other problem. They do have strong similarities.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userYngLt4ZbSr wrote:

Don't call this a solution! English doesn't work that way. Same thing happened on the only other type of samsung product I owned - tablet. Customer after customer complains about sudden boot cycling. Explored every angle in another thread here in the community with NO SOLUTION and yet SamsungSomebody comes and says Solution - - - when it hasn't solved anyone's problems. Why is there no way to DISLIKE this "solution" posting? REJECT this solution posting? Call FOUL on this practice of calling this a solution? The only hope I have is that Samsung finds the key to fixing this AND the other problem. They do have strong similarities.

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS label, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

0 Likes
usereJCBxJGr0Q
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi Sabrina,

I too have a Samsung Blu-ray player (HT-J5500W) that is now is cycling instead of playing. I understand that the over 2,000 people on this thread are having the same problem and that this problem was caused by an update that your company sent out to our Blu-ray players. Please give me an actual solution, send me a shipping label to return the player to be repaired for free or refund my purchase. Let me know who I should call for the repair or the refund if you can not provide a solution. Thank you for your time. Gustavo

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@usereJCBxJGr0Q wrote:

Hi Sabrina,

I too have a Samsung Blu-ray player (HT-J5500W) that is now is cycling instead of playing. I understand that the over 2,000 people on this thread are having the same problem and that this problem was caused by an update that your company sent out to our Blu-ray players. Please give me an actual solution, send me a shipping label to return the player to be repaired for free or refund my purchase. Let me know who I should call for the repair or the refund if you can not provide a solution. Thank you for your time. Gustavo

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS label, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

0 Likes
userms3wFpy9hh
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

this isnt a solution

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userms3wFpy9hh wrote:

this isnt a solution

0 Likes
userksoh7yr4ub
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

mine played prime just find the day the article came out. next day endless reboot

0 Likes
Tinrudder
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

What could cause so many machines to start doing the same thing in the same timeframe? Something doesn't seem right.

Vockroth
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The only reason I used the text method is I can reply on my PC using Microsoft's "Your Phone" app. I had to start it on my phone then took over using the Your Phone app. The phone wait was 20 min. Heck, this text wait has been over that!

Text "Help" to 62913. 

Answer 

Please tell me more about the product you need help with. Select a number.

(1) TV
(2) Blu-ray player
(3) Home Theater
(4) Set top box
(5) Home Audio

Here are the products I can help with. Select by replying with a number:

(1) Mobile Devices
(2) TVs & home theater
(3) Home Appliances
(4) Computing

Please tell me more about the product you need help with. Select a number.

(1) TV
(2) Blu-ray player
(3) Home Theater
(4) Set top box
(5) Home Audio

Please describe your issue in a few words.

It's power cycling

Thank You

You are connected with Sabiah S from Samsung Care.

Hello!

The last two days have seen a variety of Samsung Blu-ray players worldwide suddenly cease working. The symptom is that they turn on when power is applied, whereupon they reboot themselves every few seconds endlessly. The power and eject buttons are ignored and all attempts at resetting them fail. After many owners contacted Samsung support and were told they needed to send their players in for hardware repair, Samsung appears to have admitted there is a common problem, not individual player failure. As they are all out of warranty and the reboot cycle precludes the normal software update process, we are awaiting a solution from them.  I'm having this issue!

We have a dedicated team to assist you with the product, please stay connected while I transfer the chat.

I'm still waiting. After 20 minutes I got this

Sorry our wait times are longer than expected. You will be connected to an agent shortly.

0 Likes
usermEHRjly23E
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have three of these machines that all displayed the same issues in the same week - shame on Samsung!!!

0 Likes