Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It is sad to see my beloved Hometheater died like that. Looks to me these devices were shipped with this problem and Samsung never caught it. don't know what kind of testing they perform on these devices. It is clearly a miss from Samsung. I will not buy a Samsung device again.

userAVTJcMO0ng
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Seriously we bought samsung because of brand and had faith. But if big fortune companies will also behaves like this, than there no point of buying from them with premium price.

Disappointed, they are not able to give any statement till now after 11 days.

userAVTJcMO0ng
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I had recent discussion with customer experience executive, as per her they noticed few more cases and basis provided information by us they are investigating the issue. But broadly they get the news that their technical team declared this as motherboard fault and they are in constant touch with manufacturers to provide the boards.

Seriously as normal users we can understand easily that it's not board. But they don't want to accept it.

In india we have to wait only. No positive news till now

usermKDLEqGBz6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

That's alot of motherboards going out at about the same time 🙄

userzrsCtW4qDa
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Samsung's(sevice engineer) in kolkata quotes for main PCB/Mother board replacement only. They doesn't accept any (firmware update failure) into account. Therefore, they are charging Rs (4950 + 18% GST) for parts replacement . As of now, that PCB/Mother board is out of stock. Moreover, NO promise frm samsung on its availability,  as its production been stopped. Therefore, wht option left to us in India ? Really... 

userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have also received same response to below tweet

They are still not accepting that this is global problem in India. Clearly saying it is problem with the mother board of my device.

https://mobile.twitter.com/enggsatya/status/1274034192553177090

0 Likes
userao7juHQ2ox
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I live in Brazil. I own a BD-J5900 that has the same problem. I talked to Samsung few minutes ago and I was instructed to keep the unit plugged and connected to the Internet as Samsung is trying to fix the problem. I hope this is true. This is the information received from Samsung in Brazil through a chat online: Samsung is aware of the problem, and soon it will be solved, it is necessary to leave HT connected on the internet, because, this new update is being sent to all HT, within 72 hours!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Not sure if that is really going to happen. As if this problem can be solved by just connecting devices to the internet then why would in the US they will ask customers to ship their devices.

0 Likes
userao7juHQ2ox
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I agree with you. I have the impression that Samsung is lost in the middle of nowhere and their attendants just speak out from the top of their heads. But I did let the unit connected as istructed. This way, the next time I talk to Samsung they will not be able to complain that I did not follow their istructions. I am usually an optimist person but, I am sorry to say that my impression is that all of our units are dead forever. As I live in Brazil, my hopes to get help from Samsung is near zero. Time to move on and think twice before we buy any other Samsung product (I have the cel phone and just bought a new Samsung TV set !!!!!). 

userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have a strong feeling that they will not solve this in India. As today I was able to reach samsung customer care and they again booked a service request saying engineer will have a look. But seriously there engineer already had a look and said they don't have any solution apart from changing motherboard or pcb which is not available in india as they have stopped making it.