Home Theater

How will the fix be issued and applied?

0 Likes
userJftJNaAWSb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

Had the same thing happen to mine 6/18 Glad I'm not alone. Does anyone  know if a fix has been posted yet? 

0 Likes
Jabtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

I just got off the phone with Mercy, employee ID 50315, at Samsung Canada, and they are refusing to acknowledge that there is even a known issue with Blu-Ray players power cycling, let alone the problem being Samsung's fault. How is this possible, that Samsung US has publicly posted about the issue, and is issuing prepaid return labels for the repair, and Samsung Canada still has its head buried in the sand? I asked to speak with someone of higher authority, and was told that I had already reached the top level. For years, working in the IT industry, I have been recommending Samsung screens to my customers, unfortunately, sue to this experience, that ends today.

0 Likes
user0ZVSMOA2Sm
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yep my Blu Ray player has went into cycle mode as well. Definitely need a fix for this issue. HT-J5500W

0 Likes
riskybzns
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady wrote:

support reps have been asking us to send them in for repair. guessing this seems like the only solution to get them fixed.

0 Likes
userZzFflXeEw7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Did they tell you to pay for the shipping or are they finally offering a shipping label? I asked and was told that I "might" have to pay for it...no might about it, not sending it in until I have a shipping label AND and eta!

0 Likes
usergxZofFpITG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Both of my Samsung blu-ray players are doing this power cycling thing. Is there a solution yet? Are these players hacked or just design flaws?

0 Likes
userJeeKKgGDQL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Waiting on a Solution for this ... the only thing that stops the reboot loop is unplugging the Blu-Ray.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userJeeKKgGDQL wrote:

Waiting on a Solution for this ... the only thing that stops the reboot loop is unplugging the Blu-Ray.

Call Service at 1-800-SAMSUNG.  Get past the automatic attendant.  Get hold of a real person.  Warning.  Wait time might be about 45 minutes or so.  Explain to the person that you have a BluRay player stuck in a boot loop.  They might want you to attempt a reset.  Won't work.  They will get some information from you.  Then they will email you a shipping label to send it back via UPS.  All free.  No sales reciept needed.  If they ask, just tell them you don't have one.  They might ask where you bought it.  

Right now, this is the ONLY solution available.  Other then chunk it and buy a new one.  

0 Likes
userZzFflXeEw7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady this is NOT a solution. This is a "we'll get back to you". When is the solution coming? When is your responsibility for the situation coming?

0 Likes