Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

The menu doesn't stay up long enough to do anything.  It seems like a widespread problem.  Too much so to be a coincidence with the same timing.  Happened sometime between 6 am and 7pm Eastern Daylight on Jun 18 on the East Coast.

Was working when I watched the morning news but had no sound at 7pm when I turned on TV again.  At first I thought unplugging for a while would fix but like everyone else it didn't.

I think Samsung must know if they pushed out an update in the past day or so.  I think they have turned everyone's players into paper weights.  Perfect that there is a Pandemic and we're supposed to stay home and watch movies rather than go to the theatre.

I hope they can fix or replace quickly.

userTDLqM85YJv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD J5700, it started doing the same thing on 06/18/2020. It has never been connected to an Ethernet and as far as I know it has never been updated. I believe it is a preprogrammed failure.

user9dF1OIvSRi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My J5900 is having the same issue. I cannot see the software version since it won't remain turned on more than 1 second before it shuts down again. 1592582674351970331910039575149.jpg

userhYaPV0zkpZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Blu Ray BD-JM57C player started doing this same thing last night!!   It just keeps cycling on and off every 4 seconds while plugged in.  I unplugged it all night, but once you plug it back in, it starts cycling on and off over and over and over again!!  The menus screen in the tv only stays on for less than 2 seconds, so I can't even get to the settings button.

userbefcUIMRRV
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The home screen does not stay on long enough to get any information.

Cannot get into settings.

Our full model code is BD-JM57C/ZA

NolaLass
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm not. I cant get to the setting or info screen as it just keeps cycling

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

It doesn't stay on long enough.  I get a flash of the menu then it turns off.  

0 Likes
useraS9oem4gLL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

A Jerk answer from Samsung 👎👎👎

0 Likes
user8FedjnjSFr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine just started to do the SAME thing. It was totally fine yesterday and today, not working. I'm so frustrated!!

user8FedjnjSFr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine doesn't even have a disc in it.