Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
riskybzns
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@Jante wrote:

Fudge on a stick.  So, do I call Samsung about the receipt issue, I know where but don't remember when and for some reason I didn't register it. I went looking for that also. I feel I should let it go, but they broke it.  (Big sigh!)

i wouldn't worry about the receipt as long as you have ticket number in regards to this. i spoke with a rep earlier and they said not to worry about the receipt since this is happening to a lot of people.

0 Likes
usermKDLEqGBz6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Amazing how many people were affected by this. I have the HT-5500W model. Contacted Samsung and got them to email a return label. Sent off today. Hopefully won't take long to get it back. 🙄

0 Likes
userkqMM7fTZvC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just to chime in to this topic as a lot of people seem to run into the same problem:

Description/Issue:

About two weeks ago the dvd player would not turn on any more, but instead try to spin up a DVD [I had none in the player] over and over. There is no menu displayed on the screen and no input from remote or other buttons is taken.

Seems like this happened to all players of certain types all at once...you can find lots of unhappy users ranting everything.

Solution:

Samsung is aware of the issue and knows how to fix it, but apparently it requires sending in the device. To do so, contact Samsung via their Web Chat, which will connect you with a friendly person who will take your information, open a case and send you instructions. This seems regardless of the time you bought the player. Happily you end the conversation and try to find out what you need to do.

If you still have your original receipt, it seems all you need is upload it and you can go through with the process.

Oops:

If you don't have your receipt any more, it seems you are out of luck and the ticket gets cancelled.

Hacks?

I assume there will be lots of users with one of these and no receipt...

Has anybody tried to find the magic reset button inside that will solve the problem or is this really another piece of electro garbage?

And there I thought about buying a Samsung TV...

0 Likes
userpJhborykKA
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I had no problem with lack of receipt and got a repair ticket #. I had to follow up with phone call to get a pre-paid UPS label.

userO4de6TNkS9
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

As others have said, the receipt request is just an automated message and they are not going to cancel.

Also sending it in is going to be the only fix... People thinking there's some secret way they won't share or that they will eventually push an update and aren't going to send theirs in... You're going to be waiting forever. The units do not stay on long enough to apply any fix remotely or through any button combinations, so either send it in or cut your losses.

squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I actually uploaded my receipt on the samsung care tracking website they sent when the repair ticket was opened.  I got the automated message saying the repair would be cancelled and I didn't want to take a chance.  When I look at the ticket status today the "Purchase Date" field now says "N/A" instead of having the information from my receipt.  It looks like they have removed the requirement of needing to submit a receipt as they should.

Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.  Chat with the "pro" care rep and specifically ask if a receipt is required.  When they say "no" as I'm sure they will simply e-mail yourself a copy of the transcript.  If you get the automated prompt to upload your receipt or your ticket can be cancelled just upload a copy of the transcript.

0 Likes
userX1qhoic6j1
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

You do not need a receipt.  Plenty of people have already confirmed that.

0 Likes
useryPji8fHlH5
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm from Malaysia.

My Home theater HT-F6550W is in boot loop since 21 June. There is no solution in Malaysia whatever I call the hotline or live chat. The service center wanna charge me checking fee first before the technician can identify the issue. I won't pay $$ to you, Disappointed what Samsung Malaysia doing right now. 

0 Likes
Jabtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userSlY6jXH8C3 wrote:

...it was working fine last night.

I just got off the phone with Mercy, employee ID 50315, at Samsung Canada, and they are refusing to acknowledge that there is even a known issue with Blu-Ray players power cycling, let alone the problem being Samsung's fault. How is this possible, that Samsung US has publicly posted about the issue, and is issuing prepaid return labels for the repair, and Samsung Canada still has its head buried in the sand? I asked to speak with someone of higher authority, and was told that I had already reached the top level. For years, working in the IT industry, I have been recommending Samsung screens to my customers, unfortunately, due to this experience, that ends today.

0 Likes
Jante
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'm ready to head to UPS and send my paper weight to Samsung.

Problem:  apps passwords. Do I change them, will they be able to see them? I'm guessing they couldn't because it's conneced to my wifi?? Anyone know, even how to ask them this? Quandry!!  

Edited: I don't have a receipt because I either didn't think it was expensive enough, a year had passed. It was cheap enough that I didn't register it, unlike me actually but I am ageing. So, I can get a Sony DVD only player at Target for $40'ish, no need for internet or apps. I ended up buying Chromecast & Firestick yesterday. 

I think Samsung owes us for breaking our machines, yet that password thing has me hesitating sending it to them.  

0 Likes