Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userD8j9GhnRsr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD-J5900 doing same thing. It started about a week ago, I thought the disc was the problem. It's not. I tried solutions, but none worked. I then left unplugged for three days and tried again. Nothing's changed. 

0 Likes
userao7juHQ2ox
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I live in Brazil. I own a BD-J5900 that has the same problem. I talked to Samsung few minutes ago and I was instructed to keep the unit plugged and connected to the Internet as Samsung is trying to fix the problem. I hope this is true. This is the information received from Samsung in Brazil through a chat online: "Samsung is aware of the problem, and soon it will be solved, it is necessary to leave HT connected on the internet, because, this new update is being sent to all HT, within 72 hours! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

0 Likes
userFtPRdMOvCx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

A few thousand people are reporting the same problem. Both of my Samsung BD-J5700 players stopped working the same night and just cycle on and off. I called customer service and was told I could pay to send it in for repair.  I believe this problem is much larger with thousands effected.  You are refusing to alert the community about a problem you caused.  I have contacted the local media and will be filing a law suit.  I refuse to pay you for a problem you caused.  Our entire viewing was loaded on the player.

Rich Dessin. 

Canton MI

0 Likes
usergl0lvvpTKj
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

After 3 conversations with Customer Service, I was offered a solution. Samsung sent me authorization to return my Blu Ray Player to their New Jersey Centre. Choose the chat feature and request the same.  They will return the unit, with gltich fixed, at no cost to me, even the Player is no longer under warranty. 

0 Likes
usergCXQOIUKS2
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Any news? - Samsung, how to solve problem that was your bug? 

It take far too long and it's annoing.

0 Likes
userU55ZvNJ0Uz
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Has there been any updates? Mine still doesn't work.. just keeps cycling... 😢

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Samsung, many thanks for recognizing this problem.

My call to Samsung support took awhile on hold (30min) to get through.

But the nice/polite person who took my call made the experience painless and relatively quick.

The representative was fully aware of this type of problem, and I was happy to NOT perform endless diagnostics on a well know issue.  We got right down to the business of making a return.

She needed my BluRay model number (J5900) and serial number. 

My shipping address.

And my "user name".  Told her have several Samsung products, but never had a problem before so didn't have one.  She quickly created one, included my email info.

Received a "Ship for free" label via email 5 minutes later.

I boxed it up, and dropped off at UPS Store the next day

Now eagerly await (quoted 5-7 business day turn around) the return of my repaired for free Samsung BluRay player.

Thanks again for turning a bad situation into something tolerable.

user62eJbfJTQQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello 

Will this apply to customers in Mexico?

@The BOSS lady 

0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

We're not able to speak on international products, as we are a US forum, and we support US devices. If you have an international model, we encourage you to reach out to the support team in your region. 

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes
user0BdQCXl8Ec
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I contacted support and was told that I would receive a email with instructions on what to do. Is this still true?

0 Likes