Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
useryI68afygMy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Call Samsung service and they will email you an UPS label to send your device to a Samsung service center for repair. The repair is free. I waited on hold for 10 minutes before being connected to a service rep. The rep took about 5 minutes to open a ticket and give me instructions on what to do next. The repair should take 5-7 business days and you should be contacted when it is complete. 

0 Likes
user87S8vf9CSf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi there quick question ,are you sending in the whole system or just the player?

0 Likes
useryI68afygMy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm assuming that it will be just the actual blu-ray only. The peripheral components should work once the main hub is fixed. I will update this thread as soon as I get the shipping label, as that email will contain further instructions. 

OregonUSA
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

You'll get an email with explicit instructions on what and how to ship. Make sure you also follow the link to your service request and upload a copy of your receipt.

0 Likes
squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Just the player, no cords, no remote, no speakers if Home Theater.

0 Likes
Zorro3k6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Really? I have one of the HT systems. The agent I chatted with said the complete system. I asked if that meant the speakers and the cords and he said yes. So that's what I did. I shipped the entire system, remote, speakers, everything yesterday. I imagined it was probably because I'd get a different reburbished model or something.

0 Likes
squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@Zorro3k6 

That's what they told me and it's on the paperwork too.  Only the portion you are having a problem with.  Wording from email is below.  Gotta love inconsistent feedback....

All products (except those listed below):

Do not package any cables, remote controls, installation CD's or other accessories with your product
  • If the product has a detachable power cord remove it

Home Theater System:
For issues related to audio both the main HTS unit and the affected speaker(s) must be included.
  • Home Theater System
  • Left Speaker Right Speaker Center Speaker Left Rear Speaker Right Rear Speaker
  • Sub
For issues related to the wireless rear modules send the following items:
  • Home Theater System
  • Left Speaker Right Speaker Center Speaker Left Rear Speaker Right Rear Speaker
  • Sub
  • TX card
  • Wireless Rear Module

Shipping Guide Line

Insure your product and use a shipper that provides a tracking number. Samsung is not liable for any, in transit damage.
  • Make sure to choose a box strength that is suitable for your product. If you plan on reusing a box, make sure it is rigid and in excellent condition with no punctures, tears, rips or corner damage. For large or heavy objects, double wall boxes are recommended.
  • Maintain a minimum of 4 inches of clearance between the product and all sides of the box (including top and bottom) in a way that the product does not move or shift in the box.
  • Use proper packing materials to pack the product. Styrofoam is one of the best packing materials to use, as it has the cushion needed to protect the product. If you utilize packaging peanuts, we recommend wrapping the product with plastic or bubble wrap first so that the peanuts do not enter the product and cause further damage.
  • Improper cushioning materials include clothing, blankets, towels, newspaper and pillows. To expedite service write your ticket number on the outside of the box on at least 2 visible sides.
To expedite service write your ticket number on the outside of the box on at least 2 visible sides.

Of course I missed that last part about writing the ticket number on at least two visible sides in my haste to ship it out.  LoL

Since my issues are that the HTS won't boot fully and not audio (if the unit would start) I did not include the speakers.

0 Likes
Zorro3k6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@squeegie

Wow. I completely missed all of that in the ticket email, lol. Especially the writing of the ticket number. I thought about including the print out of the email in the package, but figured they could pull my name out of the system once they got the package anyway. Oh well, they have everything now, so here's hoping they can still fix the booting and sound issue for me as well.

Options
Home Theater

@Zorro3k6 wrote:

@squeegie

Wow. I completely missed all of that in the ticket email, lol. Especially the writing of the ticket number. I thought about including the print out of the email in the package, but figured they could pull my name out of the system once they got the package anyway. Oh well, they have everything now, so here's hoping they can still fix the booting and sound issue for me as well.

The email that came with my ticket number had a link to 'packaging insturctions' (  http://www.samsungsupport.com/email/packaging_form_v2.pdf  )

It includes a form to be printed out with fields to fill in including the ticket number, device model number, and serial number.  I did that and took a screen shot of the portion of the email that shows the ticket number and bar code, printed that out and included both with my players.

0 Likes
squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@Zorro3k6 

You mean like this one?

http://www.samsungsupport.com/email/packaging_form_v2.pdf

Hmm...  So did mine but I didn't think I really needed "instructions" to package it.  Guess we'll find out if my rush to ship it last Friday will cause issues.  It's in Jersey now, I guess time will tell.

😞

0 Likes