Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Zorro3k6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userBJZ6yOzqs9

I only looked at the important information on my ticket email which was the number, my name, address, and contact information. So yeah, I didn't notice the link to the packing instructions.

@squeegie

I guess I was also hasty in getting everything together to ship out as well. Should have read over that email a bit cleaner. Oh well, the ticket still has the model and serial number info as well. So I'm sure someone will look at it, pull the info from a computer and be able to do what needs to be done. Regardless, I got a confirmation text from Samsung today saying they recieved my package and to allow 4 business days for them to 'prepare' my repair. So I guess it all worked out.

Options
Home Theater

@squeegie wrote:

@Zorro3k6 

You mean like this one?

http://www.samsungsupport.com/email/packaging_form_v2.pdf

Hmm...  So did mine but I didn't think I really needed "instructions" to package it.  Guess we'll find out if my rush to ship it last Friday will cause issues.  It's in Jersey now, I guess time will tell.

😞

Yes, that's the link.  Scroll past the packing insturctions, there  is a second page.  It is the form they wanted printed out and filled in.  Actually, it's kind of lame that there really isn't anything in the email about filling out that form and putting it in the box with your player.  

artmanjohn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Samsung player was  modified to be region free, am I still gonna retain this expensive add on feature I paid for when the unit is repaired??

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@artmanjohn wrote:

My Samsung player was  modified to be region free, am I still gonna retain this expensive add on feature I paid for when the unit is repaired??

That would be a question that you would have to ask Samsung, not us. We don't work for Samsung. Call 1-800-Samsung and ask them. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

Samsung has provided a mix of no answers to contradictory answers.

They have not posted an official response on this community thread.

I did chat with them about my 2 units (BD-JM57C) and was told they will give me labels to ship them for free repair.  I asked if I could send them both  in one box.  They said yes.  I asked if they need my  remotes, they said yes.  They never said anything about proof of purchase,  but then sent me texts requiring receipts.  

I found a box that will hold both units, but they sent me 2 labels even though I asked for one.  Each label is for 3 lbs.  Each unit in an appropriate box weighs over 3 lbs.  UPS said don't worry.  I shipped them on 06/27/20.  One went to Rochester NY, the other went to Parsipanny NJ.  Shipping address on both is Riverdale NJ.  Estimated delivery on both is for 07/01/20 (3 business days one way).  So with them saying 5 - 7 business days including round trip shipping gives them one day in the shop.  Must be an easy fix with not many waiting in queue. 

But, based on the replies in this thread, the first of the units to be repaired wouldn't have started arriving in Riverdale NJ until yesterday or today.  I imagine the line of bricks will be growing steadily starting tomorrow.  I hope they take a FIFO approach (first in - first out).

Jabtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hallelujah, it happened at last, I communicated with Robin over the Samsung Canada chat, and I now have my FedEx shipping label. Let's see how long it takes to get it back, I may have to retract some of the things that I've said recently.

On another note, I went to my closest FedEx drop off location and was told that the terminal was down, so I called to schedule a pickup, and guess what, their system was down, I wonder if there is any Samsung hardware involved.

userrbhjX1tFz3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I can also confirm that Samsung Canada has FINALLY admitted fault and are providing a FREE repair.  I talked to a service rep via 1-800-SAMSUNG.  He admitted this news is quite new and different from what has been communicated to customers since the problem started last week (where they were not taking the blaim).  He processed my claim without hassle and emailed me a shipping label immediately...no questions asked about receipt.   I purchased my BD-J5700 from Costco back in 2018 (warranty long expired).  For how long it took Samsung Canada to own up to everything, fingers crossed all goes well from here on out.

userOokW8IJUmf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I live in Canada and I am having the same issue with my BD-J5900 (3D Blu Ray Player). It was working ok a few days ago and it started doing this today when I turned it on.  The unit boots and shows the main tiled menu and a few seconds later it goes to a black screen with the Samsung logo and then repeats constantly.  You can hear the drive spinning even though there is not disc in the player.

0 Likes
green_gello
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

After chatting twice with Samsung, I got the email with a UPS label, and dropped my Blu Ray off at UPS on 6/27.  I got an email 6/30 at 2:56 pm that Samsung has received it, then at 3:40 pm on the same day, another email that the work was completed and they are returning my repaired player.  The work order said "Factory Reset" No charge.

Progress...

userDCOuBSndfs
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I called Samsung this morning and the agent told me that they received official word that this is a known issue. I recommended that they post something to tell users. And they did on the first page of this thread !

I am in Canada, they have provided me with a return label. The agent made a great suggestion. "Take pictures of the unit before sending in case there is damage during shipping, I will have proof of the state of the device before shipping."

0 Likes