Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userX1qhoic6j1
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

You probably should just turn them on and see.  Either they work fine or they will brick and you will have to send them back.  There is no point in waiting, you can't use them if they're off!

0 Likes
squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I know I'm not a moderator but I don't think it was a firmware download, though a new firmware download might prevent it from happening.  There was no download for my machine and hasn't been since December 2017.  Guessing it's the SSL or DRM certificate if you want my semi-professional opinion.

user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

My theory is an expired code signing certificate. The device doesn't stay on long enough for the network card to become active, check DCHP, and connect to a remote server. 

0 Likes
user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I would be interested to know what date your devices think it is. 

0 Likes
JordanChadHungate
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It's sad that we are so hungry for any information from the public that is here looking for answers,..and are waiting for repaired units to give us a clue,...this is due to Samsung's lack of consideration for us as consumers...we're just potential sales ,..it seems that when there's nothing in it for them,  it's not worth their effort. They spend millions no doubt on advertising,...can they not put out some semblance of caring by putting out regular statements or at least make it less of a goose chase to find information on how to resolve this?

Samsung_dCf7VrG
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Samsung Galaxy I have a new Galaxy 20 and would like to know the benefits of this product especially the Samsung benefits is their a phone number I can call to Samsung

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I've just had an email from the Samsung partner, who currently have my unit, a company called RepairTech, who have apparently already applied the fix. 

I am yet to receive a notification of it being dispatched back to me, but as it was only picked up on Monday, it looks like the predicted 5-7 days turnaround was a reasonable estimate. 

Edit:

an excerpt from the email:-

"The repair work has been completed on your BD-J5900/XU, which has been repaired and thoroughly tested by our technicians. The following parts were replaced:

SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE"

userRqpVbxoaL7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@samsung978531 So reading through this thread and the similar UK community thread, there is a fix for this through a firmware update. Why can you not post the firmware and steps to update it online? Also, why are customers in the rest of the world not offered the same repair service as your UK and USA customers? Am I smelling discrimination here? Is our business not worth the same to you?

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I am sure that Samsung would have preferred to have distributed the fix like that if they possibly could, as it would have saved them what is likely to be a fortune in postage and partners' repair bills, so it looks like this is the only option available to them.  Maybe the case needs to be opened and special equipment needed to reprogram the firmware or maybe a sensitive password is required to apply the update via the USB, but either way, this appears to be the only option.

As for discrimination, have you actually been told by Samsung that they will not apply the fix to your unit?

userRqpVbxoaL7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My issue is that @samsung978531 is not offering me the same service here in South Africa as it is in the UK and USA even though I am experiencing the same problem. The service I am referring to being free repair, collection and delivery. I will actually have settled for free repair. I have to pay the equivalent of $32 just to have someone in their "service centres" look at it with no guarantee of having it repaired.  Based on what I am seeing on other forums and this one, customers having this problem who are not residing in the USA or the UK are not being offered the same level of service even though we pay the same for their products. Is that not discrimination? I have been waiting now for 4 days for Samsung SA just to return my call to raise this issue with them. 

0 Likes