Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userofNLAeQ60o
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Having the same issue with my HT-J5550W (UK based)

Started rebooting about two weeks ago.

Spoke to online chat and have arranged a collection tomorrow to try and fix it.

Options
Home Theater

I received texts this morning 07/01/20 that both my units have been received at the Riverdale NJ repair shop.  But it says "Please allow up to 4 buiness days for us to prepare your repair."

Sounds like they got backed up since yesterday's reports.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userBJZ6yOzqs9 wrote:

I received texts this morning 07/01/20 that both my units have been received at the Riverdale NJ repair shop.  But it says "Please allow up to 4 buiness days for us to prepare your repair."

Sounds like they got backed up since yesterday's reports.

Scratch that.  They sent me URL links to each of my work orders.  They show both my BD-JM57C's have been repaired and are being prepared for shipment back to me.  Yikes!  That's like a 2 hour turnaround in their repair shop.  Must have been an easy fix.

Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Promise low, deliver high is a good way of managing customer satisfaction and it would have been a firmware update, which would have been pretty quick to apply.   They might not even have needed to open the case.

Good news

0 Likes
user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Did you record the serial numbers? They might just be sending a replacement instead of a repair. 

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I got a photo of the label on the back, albeit only so that i could zoom it in to read it, but I'd be majorly surprised if they've managed to magic up the number of replacements they'd need to do that with all the ones they receive.

I'll let the forum know if it looks like a replacement when i get it back.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user4WZV9oSL7A wrote:

Did you record the serial numbers? They might just be sending a replacement instead of a repair. 

Yes, serial numbers have been recorded.  I don't see how they could send replacements, my best estimate is that the BD-JM57C has been out of production for over a year.

My main concern is getting my remotes back with the players.  The chat 'Pro' I spoke to told me I had to send the remotes with the players.  Now I see others here being told not to send the remote.

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@user4WZV9oSL7A wrote:

I registered both of my blu-ray players when I bought them, so I have the serial numbers recorded online. But I seriously doubt they will be replaced; they have been out of production for years. And there's probably 10's of thousands (or more) of these in circulation. I suspect the fix is to force a firmware update and not an issue with the hardware.

0 Likes
MoparDude
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Received text confirmation at 1:01 PM today that Samsung's Riverdale NJ service center received both of my units. The messages also included links to check on the status of the repair orders. Just checked them at 2:20 PM and the report indicated the repairs are completed (though nothing posted about update applied). Here's the status message: "We are preparing to ship out your repaired unit." So it appears the "fix" is easily and quickly applied.

userY5XUrQykpR
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same thing here. Received an email at 1:36 that it was received (actually received yesterday per UPS) and another email at 2:46 that it was repaired. There's no charge according to the repair statement. Despite the inconvenience free shipping and repair within a week is pretty good for a major corporation. If you haven't sent your unit(s) in yet I wouldn't wait too long. I'm sure the repair time is only going to get longer. The first thing I'm going to do when I get it back is turn OFF automatic updates.

0 Likes