cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Blu-ray player power cycling whenever plugged in

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Especially as there should be no part needed.

I'm not trying to rub it in, but the following was included in an email from the Samsung partner, after repairing my unit.

"The repair work has been completed on your BD-J5900/XU, which has been repaired and thoroughly tested by our technicians. The following parts were replaced:

SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE"

I suppose it is possible that different units require different solutions, but if i were you, I'd be asking them which part they think they don't have.

Good luck

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same repair for me (same model).  Web-chat Friday 26th June.  Collected Monday 29th June. Repaired 2nd July and advised it will be returned to me 3rd July.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also from South Africa. Also have been battling to get service from Samsung on this. My ht j5500k is at a repair Centre in Pretoria at the moment. It has already taken me more than 10 calls just to get to this point. I will update when I get feedback from the repair Centre and share my end to end experience. At this point I am still of the opinion that Samsung is not treating us the same as their customers in the USA and UK which is realy sad. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only if your system is less than a year old... for the others.. my answer was too bad so sad!!! And i am livid. they are the ones that broke it with a faulty update|!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine must be around 3 years old and i should get the repaired unit back tomorrow.

Don't give up and keep at them, maybe linking them to this thread to help point out that their stance is out of line with the rest of the Samsung regions.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My unit was out of warranty and they just sent me the label. They said it would. E fixed free and returned in 5-7 days.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is 4 years old.   It's on its way back and supposedly fixed.   Don't let them fool you with the age.   Some Samsung service reps are not up to speed that Samsung did the damage and are willing to fix it for free.   They are obviously not proud of their own screw up but they are trying to fix the problem they made    If one rep doesn't work try again and get someone else.   

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let us know the status of repaired unit.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just received my repaired unit back and it has been set up and works perfectly.

RepairTech, Samsung's partner, turned it around really well.  Good job.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks. You meant 1-800-samsung not samsing ,correct? Just wanted to make sure.