Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userRqpVbxoaL7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am also from South Africa. Also have been battling to get service from Samsung on this. My ht j5500k is at a repair Centre in Pretoria at the moment. It has already taken me more than 10 calls just to get to this point. I will update when I get feedback from the repair Centre and share my end to end experience. At this point I am still of the opinion that Samsung is not treating us the same as their customers in the USA and UK which is realy sad. 

userx87seV6pI8
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Only if your system is less than a year old... for the others.. my answer was too bad so sad!!! And i am livid. they are the ones that broke it with a faulty update|!

Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Mine must be around 3 years old and i should get the repaired unit back tomorrow.

Don't give up and keep at them, maybe linking them to this thread to help point out that their stance is out of line with the rest of the Samsung regions.

userom1ThpjWT9
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My unit was out of warranty and they just sent me the label. They said it would. E fixed free and returned in 5-7 days.

user4iPE1ho9Qo
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is 4 years old.   It's on its way back and supposedly fixed.   Don't let them fool you with the age.   Some Samsung service reps are not up to speed that Samsung did the damage and are willing to fix it for free.   They are obviously not proud of their own screw up but they are trying to fix the problem they made    If one rep doesn't work try again and get someone else.   

0 Likes
userAVTJcMO0ng
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Please let us know the status of repaired unit.

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I've just received my repaired unit back and it has been set up and works perfectly.

RepairTech, Samsung's partner, turned it around really well.  Good job.

userPGYgxKzuAB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks. You meant 1-800-samsung not samsing ,correct? Just wanted to make sure.

Options
Home Theater

@userPGYgxKzuAB wrote:

Thanks. You meant 1-800-samsung not samsing ,correct? Just wanted to make sure.

1-800-Samsung. You got any idea how many times I've posted that number here?  I'm getting bleary eyed. And btw. It helps if you quote in your reply. Easier to follow the thread that way. 

userHsM4P77Li7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I looked up blu-ray boot loop solution in the search bar at the top of the page.

Clicked the first thread I saw with the green box that said solved - and the thread had a link to the chat 👍